#6 in the World for Utility Patents, 2021
For the second year in a row, Purdue University was ranked No. 6 globally for the number of utility patents granted, with a total of 169 new patents in 2021. Purdue is breaking boundaries and solving real-world problems alongside schools like MIT, the University of California and Stanford.
Of all the ways that Purdue persistently pursues innovation, this ranking might be the most indicative of discovery and growth. Below you’ll find helpful information and social media content that will allow us to leverage this ranking to further the Purdue brand.
Because our No. 6 ranking puts us on the level of nationally and internationally recognized schools, we have an opportunity to continue to position ourselves as a peer institution. Purdue is changing the world in tangible ways with both small steps and giant leaps. Emphasizing Purdue’s contributions to world-changing research as well as our high ranking will allow the tone to convey both Purdue’s innovative character and its relentlessness.
- Animated graphics
- Social graphics
- Social post copy
- Link to Purdue News story
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM Campaign: Example: Utility_Patent_6
UTM Medium: Social (or email)
UTM Source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
Story Link: TBD – Need to add
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include 2:1 files (to use on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn) and 1:1 files (to use on Instagram), Instagram Stories, web banners and digital signs.
NOTE: If InDesign files are needed for any of these assets, please complete the marketing request form on our website.
SHARING PURDUE.EDU ARTICLES ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Did you know that when you share a URL on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, the link will automatically display text and images from your site when you share links? This content gives followers a preview of what they can expect to find on your site. Clicking the preview leads to the linked page.
Learn more in this Squarespace article!
Additional graphics provided: 1:1 for Instagram and 9:16 for Instagram and Facebook Stories
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE
Digital engagement is a powerful platform for sharing Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine:
- Keep posts short and direct
- Link all posts back to our landing page
- Include photos, videos or GIFs
- Use short URLS
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
- For the second year in a row, Purdue ranked #6 in the world for number of utility patents. Purdue Research Foundation received 169 patents from the U.S. Patent and Trademark office, more than any other college in Indiana or the Big Ten Conference. <link>
- “Purdue researchers are among the leading experts in numerous disciplines, so their research is at the forefront of what is possible. Their research will impact lives around the world once commercialization efforts bring them to the market.” #TheNextGiantLeap <link>
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office: @uspto on Instagram and Twitter; @uspto.gov on Facebook
- Purdue University: @lifeatpurdue on Instagram and Twitter, @Purdue University on LinkedIn and Facebook
- Purdue Research Foundation: @purdue_research_foundation on Instagram; @PurdueResFound on Twitter and Facebook; @Purdue Research Foundation on LinkedIn
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories