Content Package for #6 in Patents
Purdue University was ranked No. 6 globally for the number of utility patents granted in 2020 with a total of 175 new patents, up from No. 13 in 2019. Purdue is breaking boundaries on the level of schools like the University of California system, MIT, Stanford University, the University of Texas system and Johns Hopkins University, which snagged the top five slots this year.
Of all the ways that Purdue persistently pursues innovation, this ranking might be the most indicative of discovery and growth. Below you’ll find helpful information and social media content that will allow us to leverage this ranking to further the Purdue brand.
Because our No. 6 ranking puts us on the level of nationally and internationally recognized schools, we have an opportunity to continue to position ourselves as a peer institution. Purdue is changing the world in tangible ways with both small steps and giant leaps. Emphasizing Purdue’s contributions to world-changing research as well as our high ranking will allow the tone to be both innovative and relentless.
Being ranked No. 6 for utility patents is the strongest support for these two brand pillars: Discovery (Research), Innovation (Research).
- Animated graphic.
- 800×1200 graphics.
Links and UTM Parameters: TBA
UTM Campaign: TBA
UTM Medium: TBA
UTM Source: TBA
Links to articles: TBA
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for TBA …
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine.
- Keep posts short and direct.
- Link all posts back to our landing page.
- Include photos, videos or GIFs.
- Use short URLs.
Suggested social media posts
LinkedIn + Facebook
When it comes to innovation, Purdue is making giant leaps alongside schools like MIT, Stanford and Johns Hopkins. In 2020, our persistent pursuit of knowledge led to 175 new U.S. utility patents.
Discoveries include a bright white paint that reduces the cost of cooling a home, Wi-Fi-enabled clothing built to monitor vital signs, and a plastic-to-fuel conversion process. Each patent is one small step toward making the world better.
Learn more about the breakthroughs driving progress at Purdue by clicking here: <LINK>
Twitter + Instagram
- When it comes to innovation, Purdue is making giant leaps alongside schools like MIT, Stanford and Johns Hopkins. In 2020, our persistent pursuit of knowledge led to 175 new U.S. utility patents. Learn more about the discoveries driving progress at Purdue here: <LINK>
- We’d patent persistence if we could. Purdue ranked No. 6 in the world for the number of utility patents granted in 2020. We’re up there with leaders like MIT, Stanford and Johns Hopkins. And we’re just getting started. Learn more about Purdue’s latest discoveries here: <LINK>
- With 175 utility patents granted in 2020, Purdue’s discoveries serve as small steps and giant leaps toward making the world better. Innovations include a bright white paint that reduces the cost of cooling a home, Wi-Fi-enabled clothing, and a plastic conversion process. <LINK>
Please tag Purdue University.
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories