Protect Purdue Vaccine Content Package
Protect Purdue is the University’s comprehensive plan to keep our campus and our community safe by limiting the spread of COVID-19. The Protect Purdue Plan continues to evolve, driven by the latest science surrounding COVID-19 and the collective efforts of hundreds.
As part of that evolution, the below information has been constructed to provide guidance, language and assets to be used in sharing education and information about the next stage of Protect Purdue: vaccines.
In a recent survey sent to all West Lafayette faculty, staff and students by the Purdue COVID-19 Vaccine Allocation Task Force, members of the Purdue community overwhelmingly expressed interest in receiving a COVID-19 vaccine when they are eligible to do so.
On Tuesday, April 6, Purdue opened a COVID-19 vaccine distribution site on campus to help vaccinate as many students as possible before the end of the spring semester. All Boilermakers are encouraged to receive the COVID-19 vaccine to protect the Purdue community. Get the latest information on the Purdue vaccine clinic here.
The next giant leap in protecting Purdue is getting the Boilermaker community vaccinated. Three safe and highly effective COVID-19 vaccines are now available in the United States. All Boilermakers, especially the most vulnerable, are strongly encouraged to receive the vaccine as part of their continued commitment to protect themselves, protect others and protect Purdue.
Use the following social media assets, language, and copy to guide your weekly marketing and messaging materials to communicate information about the Purdue vaccine clinic, vaccine education, and how we, as a community, can work together to stay healthy and Protect Purdue.
RESOURCES AND DOWNLOADS
Purdue Marketing and Communications is providing the following assets for campus communicators to use on their own channels:
- Social media graphics featuring vaccine messaging, faculty members, students
- Giphy Stickers
- Faculty Videos
- Dr. Esteban Ramirez Protect Purdue Update #1: Get Vaccinated to #ProtectPurdue
- Dr. Esteban Ramirez Protect Purdue Update #2: The Importance of Getting Vaccinated After Having COVID-19
- Dr. Esteban Ramirez Protect Purdue Update #3: Boilermakers Finishing the School Year Strong Thanks to #ProtectPurdue
- Dr. Esteban Ramirez Protect Purdue Update #4: Lessons Learned from #ProtectPurdue
- Dean Reed: Arm Yourself Against COVID-19
- Dean Barker: Fighting Pandemic Fatigue to Protect Our Community
- Protecting Purdue: Our Esteemed Faculty Share Why They Received the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Student Videos
- Berkeley Lile’s Protect Purdue Story #1: Student Berkeley On Why Protect Purdue Makes Campus Learning Possible
- Berkeley Lile’s Protect Purdue Story #2: COVID-19 Vaccinations Create a Safer Campus for All Students
- Lindsay Drake: Purdue Kappa Delta President Encourages Boilermakers to #ProtectPurdue
- Joseph Robinson: Let A Purdue Student Share How College COVID Testing Stops Infections
- Faculty Videos
Use the following tips for effective language while creating copy for social media posts.
Refer to a COVID-19 vaccine directly to deliver succinct messaging.
- Get the vaccine to protect yourself from COVID-19.
- A vaccine is the most effective way to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Protect yourself and the Purdue community by getting the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Getting the vaccine is the right thing to do to protect yourself, protect others and protect Purdue.
Use “Protect” language to remind our campus community of the commitment we’re asking of them.
- Protect Yourself.
- Protect Others.
- Protect Our Campus.
- Protect Purdue.
- Protecting Healthy Communities
- Protecting Our Future
- Protecting Our Campus, Again and Again and Again
- Protecting the Next Giant Leap
Use “Together we will” language to speak to the unity of the Boilermaker community within this effort:
- Together, we will get through this.
- Together, we will remain strong.
- Together, we will stay safe and healthy.
- Together, we will Protect Purdue.
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
The following social media posts should be shared with your audience beginning April 2021 through August 2021.
All Boilermakers are encouraged to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Together we will take every small step to #ProtectPurdue.
Arm yourself with the COVID-19 vaccine to stop the spread, protect others, and #ProtectPurdue.
To stop the spread of COVID-19, we keep going. Arm yourself, protect others and #ProtectPurdue with the COVID-19 vaccine. 💪
As #Boilermakers, we keep learning and we keep going. Always, always taking the next step, together. Arm yourself against COVID-19 and get vaccinated to #ProtectPurdue.
CAMPUS WIDE HASHTAGS