Purdue No. 3 Free Speech Ranking, 2022
For the second straight year, the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE) has ranked Purdue among the nation’s top universities for free speech and expression. Purdue is ranked No. 3 in the organization’s 2022-23 Free Speech Rankings, up from No. 6 a year ago.
This content package demonstrates Purdue’s commitment to free speech, validated by the ranking released by Campus Pulse and FIRE that named Purdue the #3 University for Free Speech in the U.S. The overall score combines seven unique dimensions to identify the top-ranked college campuses for student free speech and open inquiry. The top-ranked colleges have the highest average score among all students surveyed and have the most open environments for free speech. The Campus Pulse/FIRE ranking suggests that our commitment is novel and worthwhile.
- Press release: https://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/releases/2022/Q3/purdues-firm-commitment-to-free-speech-shows-in-latest-ranking
- One-pager detailing Purdue’s commitment to free speech
- Talking points explaining the rankings and detailing Purdue’s commitment to free speech
- Social graphic sharing the No. 3 FIRE ranking
- Social media posts
- FIRE rankings main page link: https://rankings.thefire.org/rank
- Purdue FIRE rankings page link: https://rankings.thefire.org/rank/school/purdue-university-main-campus
- University webpage explaining Purdue’s commitment to freedom of expression: https://www.purdue.edu/purdue/about/free-speech.php
- President Mitch Daniels’ appearance on the Academic Freedom Podcast covering campus free speech: https://academicfreedom.org/new-podcast-episode-interview-with-mitch-daniels/
Links and UTM Parameters
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM Campaign: Example: CampusPulseFIRE _No3_FreeSpeech
UTM Medium: Social (or email)
UTM Source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include 2:1 files (to use on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn), 1:1 files (to use on Instagram), Instagram Stories, web banners and digital signs.
NOTE: If InDesign files are needed for any of these assets, please complete the marketing request form on our website.
Sharing Purdue.edu Articles on Social Media
Did you know that when you share a url on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIN, the link will automatically display text and images from your site when you share links? This content gives followers a preview of what they can expect to find on your site. Clicking the preview leads to the linked page.
Learn more in this Squarespace article!
Additional graphics provided: 1:1 for Instagram and 9:16 for Instagram and Facebook Stories
Social Media Guidance
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine.
- Keep posts short and direct
- Link all posts back to our landing page
- Include photos, videos, or GIFs
- Use short URLs
Suggested Social Media Posts
Self-expression matters at Purdue.
For the second straight year, @TheFIREorg ranked Purdue among the most open campus environments for student free speech and open inquiry. Purdue is No. 3 in the #2022CollegeFreeSpeech rankings, up from No. 6 a year ago.
<link to press release>
The thoughtful exchange of ideas should be a foundational element of the college experience.
For the second straight year, FIRE has recognized Purdue among the most open campus environments for student free speech and open inquiry. Purdue is No. 3 in the #2022CollegeFreeSpeech rankings, up from No. 6 a year ago.
View the rankings: <link to rankings>
FIRE: @thefireorg on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook; Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression on LinkedIn
Purdue University: @lifeatpurdue on Instagram and Twitter; Purdue University on Facebook and LinkedIn
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories