Writing Great Headlines
A great headline accomplishes a few things. First, it introduces your concept. Second, it gives just enough information for the reader to know what they are getting into when they read the rest of your copy. And third, the best headlines are intriguing enough to leave your mind drifting. Try some of the following tricks to create a great headline:
- Find a well-known saying and twist it.
- Write something bland, then spice it up with words and phrases that are more interesting than the ones you originally chose.
- Start with words and phrases from your creative brief, then add polish to make it shine.
- Use parallels and opposites.
- You don’t have to start with a headline. Sometimes you find the perfect headline in the midst of writing everything else.