2023 WSJ/Realtor.com Index Ranks Greater Lafayette as top U.S. housing market for third straight quarter
Greater Lafayette is the No. 1 U.S. housing market on The Wall Street Journal and Realtor.com’s Emerging Housing Markets Index. This distinction has been held for three straight quarters. WSJ/Realtor.com uses sales data from the 300 largest U.S. housing markets – plus additional inputs like salary, unemployment, diversity, amenities, commute times, small-business ownership and property taxes – to identify the metro areas that are the best places to live and own a home. Greater Lafayette has consistently ranked highly on this housing index since its debut in 2021.
These resources can be used to share the news that Greater Lafayette ranks No. 1 out of 300 U.S. communities included in the Emerging Housing Markets Index. The video testimonials are designed to attract prospective students, employees and businesses to Greater Lafayette. The ranking is released quarterly, but the content can be shared at any time, as it outlines the many factors that make Greater Lafayette a nice place to live and own a home.
- Press release: https://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/releases/2023/Q3/affordability-purdue-presence-help-keep-lafayette-atop-wsjrealtor.com-housing-index-for-3rd-consecutive-quarter.html
- Video testimonials from Greater Lafayette residents Monique McClain, Danny Milisavljevic and Lindsay Mason on why they like living here. McClain and Milisavljevic are Purdue faculty members.
- Danny Milisavljevic and Lindsay Mason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVyE_i5f1LA
- Monique McClain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQLmG7GYECI
- Social graphics
- Social post copy
- WSJ/Realtor.com Winter 2023 Emerging Housing Markets Index rankings: https://www.wsj.com/articles/indiana-and-midwest-take-top-slots-in-wsj-realtor-com-housing-index-1d19e28c
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM Campaign: Example: WSJ_Realtor_Top_Housing_2023
UTM Medium: Social (or email)
UTM Source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include 2:1 files (to use on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn), 1:1 files (to use on Instagram), Instagram Stories, web banners and digital signs.
NOTE: If InDesign files are needed for any of these assets, please complete the marketing request form on our website.
SHARING PURDUE.EDU ARTICLES ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Did you know that when you share a URL on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIN, the link will automatically display text and images from your site when you share links? This content gives followers a preview of what they can expect to find on your site. Clicking the preview leads to the linked page.
Learn more in this Squarespace article!
Additional graphics provided: 1:1 for Instagram and 9:16 for Instagram and Facebook Stories
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine.
- Keep posts short and direct
- Link all posts back to our landing page
- Include photos, videos, or GIFs
- Use short URLs
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
- The Greater Lafayette area continues to hold its spot at the top of the @WSJfirstname.lastname@example.org Emerging Housing Markets Index for the third straight quarter. 🏠 Referencing real estate market data and economic health, this distinction supports Purdue’s influence on the area’s growing job market.
- Helping grow local economy through skilled, technology-based workforce, Purdue helps fuel Lafayette to No. 1 slot in the Wall Street Journal/Realtor.com Emerging Housing Market index.
Danny Milisavijevic and Lindsay Mason
Why did Danny and Lindsay relocate from Boston to live in Greater Lafayette?
It felt like home. 🏡
The affordability and quality of life they enjoy are among the reasons why the Wall Street Journal and Realtor.com ranked Greater Lafayette as the No. 1 U.S. housing market.
Why did mechanical engineering professor Monique McClain stay in Greater Lafayette after finishing her PhD at Purdue?
Affordability and amenities – among many factors the Wall Street Journal and Realtor.com weighed to rank it as the No. 1 U.S. housing market – played a role.
The Wall Street Journal (@WSJ)
Purdue University (@lifeatpurdue)
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories