GLOBAL UNIVERSITY VISIBILITY RANKING 2023
Purdue is ranked No. 3 among U.S. public universities and No. 10 globally, according to the Global University Visibility rankings. The assessment was conducted by the Washington, DC-based firm American Caldwell, which tracks the annual visibility of each university through a variety of metrics to compile an overall score, providing a comprehensive measure of a university’s prominence. Purdue is ranked ahead of other notable institutions such as the University of Cambridge, Yale University and UCLA.
This ranking puts us among the world’s most recognized universities. This is an opportunity to highlight Purdue as a preeminent leader in higher education. This content is evergreen and can be shared at any point throughout the year; however, consider when this ranking might be most effective in supporting your larger marketing initiatives. This content can be shared across all social media channels to foster a feeling of trust and pride among alumni, current students, and prospective students and their families.
- Social graphics
- Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Instagram Stories and digital signs.
NOTE: If InDesign files are needed for any of these assets, please complete the marketing request form on our website.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine:
- Keep posts short and direct
- Link all posts back to our landing page
- Include photos, videos or GIFs
- Use short URLs
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
- Purdue is ranked the No. 3 most prominent and recognized public university in the U.S., according to the Global University Visibility rankings.
Pulling from multiple data points related to news mentions, public interest, website visitors and more, researchers at @americancaldwell have evaluated the prominence of universities worldwide. Read more: [link].
- Purdue has earned its spot in the top 10 for overall global visibility for universities, surpassing renowned institutions such as the University of Cambridge, Yale University and UCLA. 🚂🆙
Learn more: [link].
- Tag @americancaldwell on Twitter (X) and Facebook
- Tag @LifeAtPurdue on Instagram and Twitter (X) and @PurdueUniversity on Facebook and LinkedIn
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC HASHTAGS
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories