Podcast Episode 44 – Jamie Richards
This Is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University, highlights stories about Boilermakers from across all disciplines, who through research, innovation and determination, have persistently pursued their next giant leap.
Hosted by Purdue University alum, Brian Lamb School of Communication graduate, and Indiana native Kate Young, This Is Purdue aims to examine all of the incredible accomplishments of Boilermakers and their contributions to the world.
Below, you’ll find helpful information, stories, and social media content regarding this episode of This Is Purdue.
In this episode of This Is Purdue, we’re talking to Jamie Richards (USN, retired) and Director of Purdue’s Veterans Success Center, Major General Theresa Carter (USAF, Retired), DBA, and Purdue University Trustee, and Ryann Laky, Deputy Joint Operations Center Officer in Charge, Indiana National Guard.
You’ll hear more about how Purdue’s ROTC program prepared both Ryann and Theresa for their military careers, the Veterans Success Center’s programs and resources for military-connected students, and the Student Veteran Organization, which serves as a source of knowledge, support, representation and camaraderie.
Plus, these three Purdue veterans share what Veterans Day means to them.
- Links to the podcast
- Social graphics
- Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM Campaign: this_is_purdue_honoring_purdue_veterans
UTM Medium: Social (or email)
UTM Source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
Links to the podcast:
Episode 44 Podcast Page: https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/honoring-purdue-university-veterans/
Podcast Page on Purdue.edu – https://www.purdue.edu/podcast/
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Instagram Stories.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine.
- Keep posts short and direct
- Link all posts back to our landing page
- Include photos, videos, or GIF’s
- Use short URLS
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
LinkedIn + Facebook
- NEW episode – we’re talking to three #Purdue veterans on #ThisIsPurdue in honor of #VeteransDay. You’ll hear more about Purdue’s ROTC program, Veterans Success Center, and Student Veteran Organization. Plus, these incredible veterans share what Veterans Day means to them. Listen in! <link>
- Jamie Richards (USN, Retired) and Director of Purdue’s Veterans Success Center explains that relentless determination that comes with being a #Boilermaker on our #ThisIsPurdue #VeteransDay episode. Listen in and don’t forget to subscribe to never miss an episode! <link>
- Jamie Richards is a U.S. Navy veteran and the Director of Purdue’s Veterans Success Center. Listen in to the #ThisIsPurdue podcast to hear more about the VSC’s programs and resources for military-connected students, and the Student Veteran Organization, which serves as a source of knowledge, support, representation and camaraderie. <link>
- Major General Theresa Carter (USAF, Retired) and #Purdue Trustee shares her thoughts on how you can honor a veteran this #VeteransDay. Listen into #ThisIsPurdue to hear more from Theresa and other #Purdue veterans – it’s only on the official university podcast. <link>
Twitter + Instagram
- Jamie Richards is a U.S. Navy veteran and the Director of Purdue’s Veterans Success Center. Listen in to the #ThisIsPurdue podcast to hear more about the VSC’s programs and resources for military-connected students. <link>
- What does #VeteransDay mean to three #Purdue veterans? Find out on our new episode of #ThisIsPurdue, the official university podcast. <link>
- Major General Theresa Carter (USAF, Retired) and #Purdue Trustee shares her thoughts on how you can honor a veteran this #VeteransDay. Listen into #ThisIsPurdue to hear more. <link>
Please tag Purdue University and use the hashtag #ThisIsPurdue
- Facebook: @PurdueUniversity
- Twitter: @lifeatpurdue
- Instagram: @lifeatpurdue
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC HASHTAGS
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories