Podcast Episode 33 – Mitch Daniels
This is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University, highlights stories about Boilermakers from across all disciplines, who through research, innovation and determination, have persistently pursued their next giant leap.
Hosted by Purdue University alum, Brian Lamb School of Communication graduate, and Indiana native Kate Young, This is Purdue aims to examine all of the incredible accomplishments of Boilermakers and their contributions to the world.
Below, you’ll find helpful information, stories, and social media content regarding this episode of This is Purdue.
In this episode of Purdue University’s official podcast, This is Purdue, we’re joined by a very special guest.
Listen in as Purdue University President Mitch Daniels discusses his decision to fully open the University amidst a pandemic and communicate this to the world back in 2020. Plus, President Daniels talks about what he missed most during the past school year, what he’s looking forward to this Fall (Hint: It involves Purdue Athletics), and his favorite IndyCar driver.
You don’t want to miss this episode!
Though the following content will be shared in June when the episode is released, these stories and resources can be used any time of the year.
- Links to the podcast
- Social graphics
- Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM Campaign: this_is_purdue_president_daniels_protect_purdue
UTM Medium: Social (or email)
UTM Source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
Links to the podcast:
Podcast Page on Purdue.edu – https://www.purdue.edu/podcast/
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Instagram Stories.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine.
- Keep posts short and direct
- Link all posts back to our landing page
- Include photos, videos, or GIF’s
- Use short URLS
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
LinkedIn + Facebook
- Haven’t listened to Purdue’s official university podcast yet? This episode is the perfect place to start. #Purdue President Mitch Daniels sits down with us on #ThisIsPurdue. You’ll hear how he felt announcing Purdue’s in-person return last year and why he was among the first in the nation to come to that decision. <link>
- “This university is attracting students from everywhere – great students – but it imposes a great responsibility on us to maintain and keep enhancing the quality of each person’s experience.” Hear what President Daniels is looking forward to as #Purdue welcomes the largest incoming freshman class in any Big Ten school since 2005 on #ThisIsPurdue, the university’s official podcast. 🎧 <link>
- We know you’ve seen the couch video. Don’t miss #Purdue President Daniels’ take on his epic entrance into commencement on #ThisIsPurdue, the official podcast of #PurdueUniversity. <link>
Twitter + Instagram
- Haven’t listened to Purdue’s official university podcast yet? This episode is the perfect place to start. President @purduemitch explains how he felt announcing Purdue’s in-person return and why he was among the first in the nation to come to that decision. #ThisIsPurdue <link>
- We know you’ve seen the couch video. Don’t miss President @purduemitch’s take on his epic entrance into commencement on #ThisIsPurdue, the official podcast of #PurdueUniversity. <link>
- Hear what President @purduemitch is looking forward to as #Purdue welcomes the largest incoming freshman class in any @BigTen school since 2005 on #ThisIsPurdue. 🎧 <link>
Please tag Purdue University and use the hashtag #ThisIsPurdue
You can also tag President Daniels on Twitter: @purduemitch
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC HASHTAGS
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories