Podcast Episode 41 – Jim Everett
This is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University, highlights stories about Boilermakers from across all disciplines, who through research, innovation and determination, have persistently pursued their next giant leap.
Hosted by Purdue University alum, Brian Lamb School of Communication graduate, and Indiana native Kate Young, This is Purdue aims to examine all of the incredible accomplishments of Boilermakers and their contributions to the world.
Below, you’ll find helpful information, stories, and social media content regarding this episode of This is Purdue.
In this episode of “This Is Purdue,” we’re talking to Jim Everett, former Purdue University and NFL quarterback, as he reflects on his football career.
Listen in as Jim discusses the 1984 trifecta win against Michigan, Ohio State, and Notre Dame in the same season while leading the Boilermakers. Plus, we dig into Jim’s experience as a first-round NFL draft pick, his life after playing professionally, and his recent induction into the Indiana Football Hall of Fame.
You don’t want to miss this conversation with a football legend about our Purdue community, his favorite campus memories, and the definition of Boilermaker spirit– found only on the official Purdue University podcast!
- Links to the podcast
- Social graphics
- Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM Campaign: this_is_purdue_jim_everett_induction
UTM Medium: Social (or email)
UTM Source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
Links to the podcast:
Podcast Page on Purdue.edu – https://www.purdue.edu/podcast/
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Instagram Stories.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine.
- Keep posts short and direct
- Link all posts back to our landing page
- Include photos, videos, or GIF’s
- Use short URLS
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
LinkedIn + Facebook
- Former @Rams Quarterback Jim Everett Reflects on His Time as a Boilermaker Listen in as Jim discusses that 1984 trifecta win against Michigan, Ohio State, and Notre Dame in the same season while playing for the Boilermakers. You’ll also hear about Jim’s experience as a first-round NFL draft pick, his life after playing professionally, and his recent induction into the Indiana Football Hall of Fame. You don’t want to miss this conversation about the Purdue community, favorite campus memories, and Boilermaker spirit with this football legend – only on the official Purdue University podcast! Listen in: <LINK>
- Purdue is proud to have Jim Everett as a member of the Boilermaker family. Listen to the latest episode of #ThisIsPurdue to hear more from this Indiana Football Hall of Fame Inductee and legendary @Rams and @boilerfootball quarterback! <LINK>
- Football legend Jim Everett found academic success as well as athletic success at Purdue. As an industrial management student, he built the skills he needed to launch a successful asset management company – after his successful pro football career, of course. Listen to the latest episode of #ThisIsPurdue to learn more about Jim’s career. <LINK>
Twitter + Instagram
- NEW #ThisIsPurdue EPISODE OUT NOW! Listen in as @jim_everett discusses his football career, including that 1984 trifecta win against @UMich, @OhioState and @NotreDame in the same season. 🏈 Listen in: <LINK>
- Purdue is proud to have @jim_everett as a member of the #Boilermaker family. Listen to the latest episode of #ThisIsPurdue to hear more from this Indiana Football Hall of Fame Inductee and legendary @NFL and @boilerfootball quarterback! <LINK>
- .@boilerfootball legend @Jim_Everett found academic success as well as athletic success at Purdue. As an industrial management @PurdueKrannert student, he built the skills he needed to launch a successful asset management company. Listen in: <LINK>
- .@Jim_Everett is not just a football legend – he’s a storyteller, too. Hear his best @boilerfootball stories on the latest episode of #ThisIsPurdue. Listen in and #BoilerUp! <LINK>
Please tag Purdue University and use the hashtag #ThisIsPurdue
- Facebook: @PurdueUniversity
- Twitter: @lifeatpurdue
- Instagram: @lifeatpurdue
You can also tag:
- Jim Everett: @jim_everett
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC HASHTAGS
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories