Podcast Episode 42 – Jerome Adams
This Is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University, highlights stories about Boilermakers from across all disciplines, who through research, innovation and determination, have persistently pursued their next giant leap.
Hosted by Purdue University alum, Brian Lamb School of Communication graduate, and Indiana native Kate Young, This Is Purdue aims to examine all of the incredible accomplishments of Boilermakers and their contributions to the world.
Below, you’ll find helpful information, stories, and social media content regarding this episode of This Is Purdue.
In this episode of This Is Purdue, we’re welcoming Dr. Jerome Adams, Purdue University’s first executive director of health equity initiatives and professor of practice in the departments of Pharmacy Practice and Public Health.
Dr. Adams, the former Indiana state health commissioner and the 20th U.S. surgeon general, discusses his background, how he felt when he got the call to serve as the nation’s doctor, and dives into what health equity means.
Listen in as he explains how he intends to help amplify the efforts of the Purdue Extension program to promote health equity throughout Indiana and particularly in rural communities, as well as work specifically with the business community to make the case for health equity as workforce and economic issues.
- Links to the podcast
- Social graphics
- Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM Campaign: this_is_purdue_dr_jerome_adams
UTM Medium: Social (or email)
UTM Source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
Links to the podcast:
Podcast Page on Purdue.edu – https://www.purdue.edu/podcast/
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Instagram Stories.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine.
- Keep posts short and direct
- Link all posts back to our landing page
- Include photos, videos, or GIF’s
- Use short URLS
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
LinkedIn + Facebook
- Former U.S. surgeon general and Indiana state health commissioner Dr. Jerome Adams confirms: You don’t have to leave the state of Indiana to find excellence in innovation. Listen in to the latest episode of #ThisIsPurdue to spend some time with Dr. Adams, the recently appointed executive director of health equity initiatives at #Purdue. <link>
- When Dr. Jerome Adams got a call from President Mitch Daniels, he knew he had to consider coming to #Purdue. And we’re glad he did! Check out the latest episode of #ThisIsPurdue to discover Dr. Adams’ plans to innovate at Purdue as the first executive director of health equity initiatives. You don’t want to miss this episode – it’s only on the official university podcast. <link>
- On the latest episode of #ThisIsPurdue, Dr. Jerome Adams shares his commitment to meeting the public where they are, one small step at a time. He shares valuable health and medical information on social media because not everyone has consistent access to accurate medical advice from doctors. As the former U.S. surgeon general and recently appointed executive director of health equity initiatives at #Purdue, Dr. Adams is prepared for persistent innovation. Hear more from him by listening to #ThisIsPurdue, the official university podcast. <link>
Twitter + Instagram
- Former U.S. surgeon general @jeromeadamsMD confirms: You don’t have to leave the state of Indiana to find excellence in innovation. Listen to the latest episode of #ThisIsPurdue to spend some time with Dr. Adams, Purdue’s executive director of health equity initiatives. <link>
- When @jeromeadamsMD got a call from @purduemitch, he knew he had to consider coming to #Purdue. And we’re glad he did! Listen to the latest episode of #ThisIsPurdue to discover Dr. Adams’ plans to innovate at Purdue as executive director of health equity initiatives. <link>
Please tag Purdue University and use the hashtag #ThisIsPurdue
- Facebook: @PurdueUniversity
- Twitter: @lifeatpurdue
- Instagram: @lifeatpurdue
You can also tag:
- Dr. Jerome Adams: @jeromeadamsMD
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC HASHTAGS
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories