Podcast Episode 45 – Xiulin Ruan
This is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University, highlights stories about Boilermakers from across all disciplines, who through research, innovation and determination, have persistently pursued their next giant leap.
Hosted by Purdue University alum, Brian Lamb School of Communication graduate, and Indiana native Kate Young, This is Purdue aims to examine all of the incredible accomplishments of Boilermakers and their contributions to the world.
Below, you’ll find helpful information, stories, and social media content regarding this episode of This is Purdue.
In this episode of This Is Purdue, we’re sharing a new update from our conversation with Xiulin Ruan, professor of mechanical engineering at Purdue University.
In an effort to curb global warming, Xiulin and his team created the whitest white acrylic paint – and now, it has earned a Guinness World Records™ title.
The ultra-white paint, which reflects 98.1% of sunlight and deflects infrared heat, could dramatically reduce or even eliminate the need for air conditioning in some regions.
Listen in as we share more details about one of This Is Purdue’s most popular episodes to date!
- Links to the podcast
- Social graphics
- Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM Campaign: this_is_purdue_white_paint_guinness_world_record
UTM Medium: Social (or email)
UTM Source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
Links to the podcast:
Podcast Page on Purdue.edu – https://www.purdue.edu/podcast/
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Instagram Stories.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine.
- Keep posts short and direct
- Link all posts back to our landing page
- Include photos, videos, or GIF’s
- Use short URLS
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
LinkedIn + Facebook
- We’re sharing a new update from our #ThisIsPurdue ultra-white paint episode with Prof. Xiulin Ruan, professor of mechanical engineering at #Purdue. In an effort to curb global warming, Xiulin and his team created the whitest white acrylic paint. And now, the paint has a Guinness World Records™ title and appears in the 2022 @guinnessworldrecords book. Listen in as we share more about one of our most popular episodes to date! <link>
- Check out #ThisIsPurdue to hear more about Purdue’s ultra-white paint, which is appearing in the 2022 edition of the @guinnessworldrecords book. The paint could dramatically reduce or even eliminate the need for air conditioning. You don’t want to miss this conversation with #Purdue professor Xiulin Ruan! <link>
- #Purdue professor Xiulin Ruan and his team calculated that if half to 1% of the Earth’s surface was covered in the whitest white paint they created, it would reverse the total effects of global warming to date. How? Listen in to #ThisIsPurdue to hear more about this paint, which recently earned a @guinnessworldrecords title. <link>
Twitter + Instagram
- Looking for an interesting conversation starter this #Thanksgiving? We’re sharing a new update from our #ThisIsPurdue ultra-white paint conversation with Xiulin Ruan. Listen in as we share more details about one of our most popular episodes to date! <link>
- Check out #ThisIsPurdue to hear more about Purdue’s ultra-white paint, which is appearing in the 2022 edition of Guinness World Records. <link>
- .@PurdueEngineers calculated that if half to 1% of the Earth’s surface was covered in the white paint they created, it would reverse the effects of global warming. Listen in to #ThisIsPurdue to hear more about the paint, which recently earned a Guinness World Records™ title. <link>
Please tag Purdue University and use the hashtag #ThisIsPurdue
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC HASHTAGS
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories