Podcast Episode 46 – Super Fans
This is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University, highlights stories about Boilermakers from across all disciplines, who through research, innovation and determination, have persistently pursued their next giant leap.
Hosted by Purdue University alum, Brian Lamb School of Communication graduate, and Indiana native Kate Young, This is Purdue aims to examine all of the incredible accomplishments of Boilermakers and their contributions to the world.
Below, you’ll find helpful information, stories, and social media content regarding this episode of This is Purdue.
In this episode of “This Is Purdue,” we’re highlighting Purdue super fans including comedian Joey Mulinaro, two young sisters who are aspiring to be part of Purdue’s All-American Twirling team one day, and even a Golden Retriever who is the canine embodiment of what it means to be a Boilermaker.
Plus, you’ll hear how our podcast team helped pull off a surprise proposal at the Bell Tower during Purdue’s Homecoming.
You don’t want to miss this spirited episode!
- Links to the podcast
- Social graphics
- Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM Campaign: this_is_purdue_super_fans
UTM Medium: Social (or email)
UTM Source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
Links to the podcast:
Episode 46 Podcast Page: https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/purdue-super-fans-featuring-comedian-joey-mulinaro/
Podcast Page on Purdue.edu – https://www.purdue.edu/podcast/
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Instagram Stories.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine.
- Keep posts short and direct
- Link all posts back to our landing page
- Include photos, videos, or GIF’s
- Use short URLS
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
LinkedIn + Facebook
- Our NEW #ThisIsPurdue episode is out now! 🎧 Listen in to hear what two aspiring young twirlers, a golden retriever, and comedian Joey Mulinaro have in common. Hint: They all bleed gold and black. Plus, you’ll hear how our #podcast team helped pull off a surprise proposal at the Bell Tower at #PurdueHomecoming. You won’t want to miss this one! <LINK>
- Did you know a #ThisIsPurdue podcast interview turned into a surprise proposal at #PurdueHomecoming this year? Hear the full story of how Ryan DeSalvio (’18) asked Claire Wilson (’18) to marry him at the Bell Tower in front of their family and friends on our latest #Boilermaker super fans podcast episode. <LINK>
- Who is one of Joey Mulinaro’s favorite #Purdue athletes? It’s none other than @boilerball’s Carsen Edwards! Our latest #ThisIsPurdue features the stories of fans who take #BoilerUp to a whole new level. <LINK>
Twitter + Instagram
- Our latest #ThisIsPurdue episode features Purdue’s ultimate super fans, including comedian @JoeyMulinaro, two aspiring twirlers, and a special golden retriever. Subscribe today to never miss an episode: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/this-is-purdue/id1496040232
- Our NEW #ThisIsPurdue episode is out now! 🎧 Listen in to hear what 2 aspiring twirlers, a golden retriever, a newly engaged couple, and comedian @JoeyMulinaro have in common. Hint: They all bleed gold and black. <LINK>
- What does being a #Purdue fan mean to you? Check out the latest episode of the #ThisIsPurdue podcast to hear why comedian @JoeyMulinaro loves Purdue and this @bigten family. Hammer down, boiler up, and listen in! <LINK>
- A #ThisIsPurdue podcast interview turned into a surprise proposal at #PurdueHomecoming! Hear the full story of Purdue alums Ryan DeSalvio (’18) and Claire Wilson (’18)’s engagement on our latest #Boilermaker super fans podcast episode. <LINK>
- Who is one of @JoeyMulinaro’s favorite #Purdue athletes? It’s none other than @boilerball’s @Cboogie_3! Our latest #ThisIsPurdue features the stories of fans who take #BoilerUp to a whole new level. <LINK>
Please tag Purdue University and use the hashtag #ThisIsPurdue
Feel free to also tag @JoeyMulinaro on Twitter and Instagram
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC HASHTAGS
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories