Podcast Episode 47 – Best of 2021
This is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University, highlights stories about Boilermakers from across all disciplines, who through research, innovation and determination, have persistently pursued their next giant leap.
Hosted by Purdue University alum, Brian Lamb School of Communication graduate, and Indiana native Kate Young, This is Purdue aims to examine all of the incredible accomplishments of Boilermakers and their contributions to the world.
Below, you’ll find helpful information, stories, and social media content regarding this episode of This is Purdue.
On this episode of “This Is Purdue,” we’re celebrating some of our most popular episodes of 2021 to ring in the new year!
Listen in as we share clips from episodes with Purdue University President Mitch Daniels, men’s head basketball coach Matt Painter, the iconic Big Bass Drum crew and more.
Plus, host Kate Young interviews several members of the Purdue Marketing and Communications team to hear the behind-the-scenes details from the prep work involved to what pieces of these special interviews resonated most with them.
It’s a great episode to celebrate the podcast’s growth this year as we continue to tell the stories of Boilermakers taking giant leaps.
- Links to the podcast
- Social graphics
- Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM Campaign: this_is_purdue_greatest_hits_2021
UTM Medium: Social (or email)
UTM Source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
Links to the podcast:
Podcast Page on Purdue.edu – https://www.purdue.edu/podcast/
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Instagram Stories.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine.
- Keep posts short and direct
- Link all posts back to our landing page
- Include photos, videos, or GIF’s
- Use short URLS
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
LinkedIn + Facebook
- NEW #ThisIsPurdue episode out now! 🎧 Listen in during your holiday travels as we share our Boilermaker Breakdown – a recap of the behind-the-scenes details from 5 of our most memorable interviews this year. It’s an episode you don’t want to miss! <link>
- We’re ringing in 2022 bycounting down 5 of our favorite episodes of #ThisIsPurdue this year. First up – @purduebands Big Bass Drum also known as The World’s Largest Drum™. You’ll hear behind-the-scenes details of what happened the day the episode went live (Hint: A certain stadium banned the drum 🍀) – plus percussion instructor Pam Nave and Big Bass Drum Crew co-captains Brandon Bledsoe and Hannah Pike discuss what the drum means to the #Purdue community. Check it out here: <link>
- Up next in our #ThisIsPurdue 2021 countdown: @boilerball coach Matt Painter. Celebrate this historic season by catching the highlights of this interview – plus, you’ll hear more about the prep work and setup that went into shooting at the iconic Mackey Arena. #BoilerUp! <link>
- Today in our #ThisIsPurdue greatest hits of 2021 countdown, we’re featuring Dr. Jerome Adams. After his term serving as the US Surgeon General, Dr. Adams came to #Purdue to promote health equity across the state of Indiana. In our Boilermaker Breakdown, you’ll hear from Purdue’s Media and PR Director on what went into this historic announcement as Dr. Adams joined Purdue as the university’s first executive director of health equity initiatives. Listen in: <link>
- #ThisIsPurdue greatest hits of 2021 continues! Shatoya Ward, the founding principal at @Purdue Polytechnic HS Englewood discusses how PPHS is reinventing the traditional high school experience and why we’ve transitioned from the Industrial Age to the Informational Age. [Hint: There’s no longer a right or wrong answer – there’s a best answer]. You’ll also hear from Kayla Owens, who graduated from PPHS in June and is now an official #Boilermaker! <link>
- Last – but certainly not least in our #ThisIsPurdue Greatest Hits of 2021 countdown – is Purdue University President Mitch Daniels. Ring in 2022 by listening to the latest episode of #ThisIsPurdue where we highlight some of the best moments from an incredible year together. Happy New Year, #Boilermakers! <link>
Twitter + Instagram
- Our latest #ThisIsPurdue episode is celebrating our greatest hits of 2021 as we prepare to ring in 2022! Listen in as we review some of our best moments, from @purduemitch to @CoachPainter to @JeromeAdamsMD to @PurdueBands and more. Subscribe today: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/this-is-purdue/id1496040232
- We’re ringing in 2022 by counting down 5 of our favorite episodes of #ThisIsPurdue. First up – @purduebands Big Bass Drum. You’ll hear behind-the-scenes details of what happened the day the episode went live (Hint: A certain stadium banned the drum 🍀) – and more. Listen in! <link>
- Up next in our #ThisIsPurdue 2021 countdown: @boilerball’s @CoachPainter. Celebrate this historic season by catching the highlights of this interview – plus, you’ll hear more about the prep work and setup that went into shooting his interview at Mackey Arena. #BoilerUp! <link>
- Next up in our #ThisIsPurdue greatest hits of 2021 countdown: @JeromeAdamsMD! After serving as the US Surgeon General, Dr. Adams joined #Purdue to promote health equity across the state. Listen in as we discuss the behind-the-scenes details on his hiring announcement: <link>
- #ThisIsPurdue greatest hits of 2021 continues! @PurduePolyHS isn’t your typical, “8 am to 3 pm, change classes when the bell rings, attend classes you’re not interested in” type of high school. Hear how PPHS is reinventing the traditional HS experience on #ThisIsPurdue. <link>
- Ring in 2022 by listening to #ThisIsPurdue as we highlight some of our favorite episodes of the year. Hear from @purduemitch on leading #Purdue through a pandemic and @REthanBraden takes us behind the scenes of that interview in our Boilermaker Breakdown. <link>
Please tag Purdue University and use the hashtag #ThisIsPurdue
Other tagging options on Twitter include:
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC HASHTAGS
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories