Podcast Episode 51 – Katie Gearlds
This is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University, highlights stories about Boilermakers from across all disciplines, who through research, innovation and determination, have persistently pursued their next giant leap.
Hosted by Purdue University alum, Brian Lamb School of Communication graduate, and Indiana native Kate Young, This is Purdue aims to examine all of the incredible accomplishments of Boilermakers and their contributions to the world.
Below, you’ll find helpful information, stories, and social media content regarding this episode of This is Purdue.
In this episode of “This Is Purdue,” we’re talking to Katie Gearlds, the first-year Purdue women’s basketball head coach.
As an Indiana native and former Purdue player, Coach Gearlds describes what it feels like to have her dream job and how she recruits the right fits for the Purdue culture while striving to empower and influence the young women on her team.
Coach Gearlds also discusses the incredible support system from the Purdue Athletics community and what it will take for the team to nab more Big Ten Championship titles in the coming seasons.
Plus, we have some fun talking about her extensive shoe collection, featuring — you guessed it — plenty of gold and black shoes. If you love Purdue, you’ll love this conversation!
- Links to the podcast
- Social graphics
- Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM Campaign: this_is_purdue_katie_gearlds
UTM Medium: Social (or email)
UTM Source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
General Podcast Page – https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Instagram Stories.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine.
- Keep posts short and direct
- Link all posts back to our landing page
- Include photos, videos, or GIF’s
- Use short URLS
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
LinkedIn + Facebook
- Basketball. The #Purdue Athletics Community. Empowering Women. A gold-and-black-themed shoe collection. This is just a little taste of what we’re discussing with @purduewbb head coach Katie Gearlds. If you love Purdue, you’ll love this conversation with Coach Gearlds! Listen in: <link>
- As an Indiana native and former @PurdueWBB player, Coach Gearlds calls coaching at #Purdue her dream job. Hear about how Coach Gearlds strives to empower and influence the young women on her team while recruiting the right fits for the #Boilermaker culture when you listen in to the latest episode of #ThisIsPurdue, the official Purdue University #podcast! <link>
- “The Boilermaker spirit is everything. There’s just something different about the black and gold, and once you’re in it, you become a part of that family. There’s nothing better than being a Boilermaker.” @PurdueWBB head coach Katie Gearlds knows that there’s no place like #Purdue. Hear why on the latest episode of #ThisIsPurdue. <link>
- “I always dreamed of coaching at Purdue. I tell people all the time my job might be to win basketball games, but my calling is to help empower and influence young women.” For @PurdueWBB head coach Katie Gearlds, coaching is about more than basketball. Find out why mentorship is essential to her coaching style on the #ThisIsPurdue podcast. 🏀 <link>
Twitter + Instagram
- Basketball. The #Purdue Athletics Community. Empowering Women. A gold-and-black-themed shoe collection. If you love Purdue, you’ll love this conversation with @PurdueWBB head coach @katiegearlds4! Listen in: <link>
- As an Indiana native and former @PurdueWBB player, @katiegearlds4 calls her role as head coach her dream job. You’ll hear how Coach Gearlds strives to empower young women while recruiting the right fits for the #Boilermaker culture when you listen in to #ThisIsPurdue. <link>
- “The Boilermaker spirit is everything … there’s nothing better than being a Boilermaker.” Hear more from @PurdueWBB head coach @KatieGearlds4 on the latest episode of #ThisIsPurdue, the official University podcast! <link>
- “I tell people all the time my job might be to win basketball games, but my calling is to help empower and influence young women.” Find out why mentorship is essential to @KatieGearlds4’s coaching style on the #ThisIsPurdue podcast. 🏀 @PurdueWBB <link>
Please tag Purdue University and use the hashtag #ThisIsPurdue
Other tagging options on Twitter include:
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC HASHTAGS
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories