Podcast Episode 52 – Scott Niswonger
This is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University, highlights stories about Boilermakers from across all disciplines, who through research, innovation and determination, have persistently pursued their next giant leap.
Hosted by Purdue University alum, Brian Lamb School of Communication graduate, and Indiana native Kate Young, This is Purdue aims to examine all of the incredible accomplishments of Boilermakers and their contributions to the world.
Below, you’ll find helpful information, stories, and social media content regarding this episode of This is Purdue.
In this episode of “This Is Purdue,” we’re talking to Scott Niswonger, founder and chair of the Niswonger Foundation, which was established to make a positive and sustainable difference in education in Northeast Tennessee.
After graduating from Purdue, Scott (BS aviation technology ’68) founded both Landair Transport, Inc. and Forward Air Corporation, and is the lead benefactor for the Niswonger Children’s Hospital, which is home to one of only eight St. Jude affiliate clinics in the world.
Scott embodies Boilermaker spirit and innovation — whether it’s creating jobs and employing more than 9,000 people in a rural area of Tennessee or changing high school students’ lives with the Niswonger Foundation.
Listen in to hear how Purdue’s unique flight curriculum propelled Scott to where he is now. Plus, you don’t want to miss his stories on why giving back and investing in his community has been rewarding beyond measure.
- Links to the podcast
- Social graphics
- Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM Campaign: this_is_purdue_scott_niswonger
UTM Medium: Social (or email)
UTM Source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
Link to the podcast: https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/aviation-alum-scott-niswonger
General Podcast Page – https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for Instagram and Instagram Stories. Please use the podcast link preview image as the social graphic for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine.
- Keep posts short and direct
- Link all posts back to our landing page
- Include photos, videos, or GIF’s
- Use short URLS
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
LinkedIn + Facebook
- NEW #ThisIsPurdue podcast episode out now! 🎧 We’re talking to Scott Niswonger (BS aviation technology ’68), founder and chair of the @NiswongerFoundation, which was established to make a positive and sustainable difference in education in Northeast Tennessee. After graduating from #Purdue, Scott founded two aviation companies and he later became the lead benefactor for the @Niswonger Children’s Hospital, which is home to one of only eight @St. Jude affiliate clinics in the world. Listen in to his unique story: <link>
- “Without #Purdue, none of this would have been possible. Participating in @PurdueAviationTechnology and giving back to the program that really set me up for success, that’s where I want to spend my time.” Listen in to #ThisIsPurdue to hear how Purdue’s unique flight curriculum propelled Scott Niswonger, chairman and founder of @NiswongerFoundation, to where he is today. <link>
- “To see our school systems being lifted up and our kids having the rigorous coursework it takes to be successful in higher education has been tremendously rewarding for me.” Scott Niswonger (BS aviation technology ’68) embodies #Boilermaker spirit and innovation — he’s been making a difference in the lives of thousands of students in Tennessee since 2001 with the @NiswongerFoundation. Hear his story on #ThisIsPurdue, the official university podcast. <link>
Twitter + Instagram
- NEW #ThisIsPurdue episode out now! 🎧 We’re talking to Scott Niswonger (BS aviation technology ’68), founder and chair of the @NiswongerFound, which has changed thousands of students’ lives in Northeast Tennessee. You don’t want to miss Scott’s story! <link>
- “Without #Purdue, none of this would have been possible.” Listen in to #ThisIsPurdue to hear how Purdue’s unique flight curriculum propelled Scott Niswonger, chairman/founder of @NiswongerFound, to where he is today. #FlyPurdue <link>
- “To see our school systems being lifted up has been tremendously rewarding for me.” Scott Niswonger (BS aviation technology ’68) been making a difference in the lives of thousands of students in Tennessee since 2001 with the @NiswongerFound. Hear his story on #ThisIsPurdue. <link>
Please tag Purdue University and use the hashtag #ThisIsPurdue
Other tagging options on Twitter include:
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC HASHTAGS
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories