Podcast Episode 56 – Anthrop Family
This is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University, highlights stories about Boilermakers from across all disciplines, who through research, innovation and determination, have persistently pursued their next giant leap.
Hosted by Purdue University alum, Brian Lamb School of Communication graduate, and Indiana native Kate Young, This is Purdue aims to examine all of the incredible accomplishments of Boilermakers and their contributions to the world.
Below, you’ll find helpful information, stories, and social media content regarding this episode of This is Purdue.
In this episode of “This Is Purdue,” we’re highlighting the story of the Anthrop family, a Purdue Athletics legacy from West Lafayette, Indiana.
If you’re a Purdue sports fan, you’ve probably heard the name Anthrop. Brothers Dru, Danny and Jackson Anthrop were all Boilermaker athletes, and their father, John, played both basketball and baseball for Purdue, and was on Purdue’s 1980 Final Four team.
Listen in as the family shares highlights of what it was like growing up with Purdue essentially in their backyard, traveling to away games and how they balanced academics and athletics.
Plus, hear from Jana Anthrop (also known as Mama Anthrop) on what the Purdue community and Boilermaker spirit has meant to their family throughout the years.
You don’t want to miss this special legacy episode!
· Links to the podcast
· Social graphics
· Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM Campaign: this_is_purdue_anthrop_family_legacy
UTM Medium: Social (or email)
UTM Source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
Link to the podcast: https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/anthrop-family-legacy
General Podcast Page – https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include a 2:1 file for Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and files for Instagram and Instagram Stories.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE POSTING TIPS
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine.
· Keep posts short and direct
· Link all posts back to our landing page
· Include photos, videos, or GIF’s
· Use short URLS
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
LinkedIn + Facebook
- If you’re a @PurdueSports fan, you’ve probably heard the name Anthrop. This family of #Boilermaker athletes has played for @PurdueBaseball, @BoilerBall and @PurdueFootball. What does the #Purdue spirit and community mean to them? Hear more from the Anthrop family on the latest episode of #ThisIsPurdue! <LINK>
- “We were blessed as a family to have these opportunities at Purdue. We’re especially fortunate that we were able to do it at one of the greatest universities in the country and to be 10 minutes from home.” John Anthrop is a former @boilerball and @purduebaseball player and was on Purdue’s 1980 Final Four team. What was it like raising four college athletes who followed in his footsteps? Find out on #ThisIsPurdue. <link>
- “I gave everything I had for Purdue. And if someone asked me to do it all over again, I would.” Listen to #ThisIsPurdue as we discuss the #Purdue community and #Boilermaker spirit with one of Purdue Athletics biggest legacies, the Anthrop family, including former @PurdueFootball player Jackson Anthrop. <link>
- An instant connection. That’s what Dru Anthrop, former #Purdue basketball player and Los Angeles @Lakers head video coordinator, says about meeting other #Boilermakers all around the country. Listen as Dru and his family discuss their family legacy with @PurdueBaseball, @BoilerBall and @PurdueFootball. Only on #ThisIsPurdue, the official university podcast! <link>
Twitter + Instagram
- If you’re a @PurdueSports fan, you’ve probably heard the name Anthrop. This family of #Boilermaker athletes has played for @PurdueBaseball, @BoilerBall and @PurdueFootball. Hear more from @DruAnthrop14, @DannyAnthrop, @AnthropJackson @momanthrop & dad on #ThisIsPurdue! <link>
- “We were blessed as a family to have these opportunities at #Purdue … at one of the greatest universities in the country.” John Anthrop is a former @boilerball & @purduebaseball player. What was it like raising 4 college athletes who followed in his footsteps? #ThisIsPurdue. <link>
- “I gave everything I had for Purdue. And if someone asked me to do it all over again, I would.” Listen to #ThisIsPurdue as we discuss the #Purdue community and #Boilermaker spirit with one of @purduesports’ biggest legacies, former @PurdueFootball player, @AnthropJackson. <link>
- An instant connection. That’s what @DruAnthrop14, former @boilerball player and @Lakers head video coordinator, says about meeting other #Boilermakers all around the country. Hear more from the Anthrop family on #ThisIsPurdue, the official university podcast! <link>
Please tag Purdue University and use the hashtag #ThisIsPurdue
Other tagging options include:
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC HASHTAGS
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories