Podcast Episode 59 – Rusty Rueff
This is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University, highlights stories about Boilermakers from across all disciplines, who through research, innovation and determination, have persistently pursued their next giant leap.
Hosted by Purdue University alum, Brian Lamb School of Communication graduate, and Indiana native Kate Young, This is Purdue aims to examine all of the incredible accomplishments of Boilermakers and their contributions to the world.
Below, you’ll find helpful information, stories, and social media content regarding this episode of This is Purdue.
In this episode of “This Is Purdue,” we’re talking to College of Liberal Arts alumnus Rusty Rueff, a philanthropist, investor and advisor.
Listen in as Rusty discusses art’s crucial relationship to humanity, leading the company Electronic Arts through the video game industry boom, his role in President Barack Obama’s second presidential campaign and how his mother’s mantra, “tomorrow will go a lot better if you lay your clothes out the night before,” guided his life and career.
Recognizing that many of his own life’s fortunes stem from relationships, experiences and opportunities born out of Purdue, Rusty also discusses why he feels compelled to give back to the University and what the Boilermaker community means to him.
You don’t want to miss this episode!
· Links to the podcast
· Social graphics
· Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM Campaign: this_is_purdue_rusty_rueff
UTM Medium: Social (or email)
UTM Source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
Link to the podcast: https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/rusty-rueff
General Podcast Page – https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/
Apple – https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/this-is-purdue/id1496040232
Spotify – https://open.spotify.com/show/1npQBIaTzFnCvDlzeiNV7j?si=h0K1NkdwTMeu-MlzckGaHw
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Instagram Stories.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE POSTING TIPS
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine.
· Keep posts short and direct
· Link all posts back to our landing page
· Include photos, videos, or GIF’s
· Use short URLS
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
LinkedIn + Facebook
- From radio DJ to Electronic Arts executive to startup investor and advisor, the relationships and experiences formed at #Purdue propelled @PurdueCollegeofLiberalArts alumnus Rusty Rueff’s dynamic career. In the latest episode of #ThisIsPurdue, we sat down with Rusty and learned how his mother’s mantra, “tomorrow will go a lot better if you lay your clothes out the night before,” guided his life and career. Check it out today: <link>
- “When you have a strong work ethic and you have to work for what you get, you’re appreciative … I believe that’s part of the product that Purdue puts out.” As an undergrad, @PurdueCollegeofLiberalArts alumnus Rusty Rueff approached every day as a new collection of experiences and relationships. On our latest #ThisIsPurdue episode, Rusty discusses leading the company Electronic Arts through the video game industry boom to his role in President Barack Obama’s second presidential campaign. Hear more about Rusty’s interesting career path: <link>
- Navigating life as a sailboat rather than a battleship enabled @PurdueCollegeofLiberalArts alumnus Rusty Rueff to take advantage of every opportunity in his path. You don’t want to miss the latest #ThisIsPurdue episode as Rusty discusses why he feels compelled to give back to #Purdue and what the #Boilermaker community means to him. Listen in! <link>
Twitter + Instagram
- From radio DJ to Electronic Arts executive, it’s the relationships, experiences and opportunities formed at #Purdue that propelled @CLAPurdue alum @rustyrueff’s dynamic career. Listen to #ThisIsPurdue to hear more about Rusty’s journey. <link>
- “When you have a strong work ethic and you have to work for what you get, you’re appreciative … I believe that’s part of the product that Purdue puts out.” Listen in as @CLAPurdue alum @rustyrueff discusses his #Purdue journey on #ThisIsPurdue. <link>
- Navigating life as a sailboat rather than a battleship enabled @CLAPurdue alum @RustyRueff to take advantage of every opportunity in his path. Rusty discusses what the #Boilermaker community means to him on our latest #ThisIsPurdue episode. <link>
Please tag Purdue University and use the hashtag #ThisIsPurdue
Other tagging options include:
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC HASHTAGS
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories