Podcast Episode 60 – Akin Ayodele
This is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University, highlights stories about Boilermakers from across all disciplines, who through research, innovation and determination, have persistently pursued their next giant leap.
Hosted by Purdue University alum, Brian Lamb School of Communication graduate, and Indiana native Kate Young, This is Purdue aims to examine all of the incredible accomplishments of Boilermakers and their contributions to the world.
Below, you’ll find helpful information, stories, and social media content regarding this episode of This is Purdue.
In this episode of “This Is Purdue,” we’re talking to Akin Ayodele, former Purdue football defensive end, co-captain of the 2001 Rose Bowl team and NFL linebacker.
Akin, a Texas native, shares how former Purdue football head coach Joe Tiller’s tough love helped him develop the mental strength that shaped his success, both athletically and academically.
You’ll also hear Akin discuss his professional football career, his friendship with former Purdue quarterback Drew Brees and how his gratitude for the scholarship assistance he received at Purdue compelled him to establish Dreambuilders Foundation. This nonprofit works with athletes across America to help children in need receive the items, opportunities and support they need to achieve their dreams.
Akin’s inspiring story of perseverance exemplifies the Boilermaker spirit.
· Links to the podcast
· Social graphics
· Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM Campaign: this_is_purdue_akin_ayodele
UTM Medium: Social (or email)
UTM Source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
Link to the podcast: https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/akin-ayodele
General Podcast Page – https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Instagram Stories.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE POSTING TIPS
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine.
· Keep posts short and direct
· Link all posts back to our landing page
· Include photos, videos, or GIF’s
· Use short URLS
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
LinkedIn + Facebook
- Akin Ayodele credits former @BoilerFootball coach Joe Tiller with building his mental toughness, a trait that’s allowed him to pivot throughout his career. The newest episode of #ThisIsPurdue shares the inspiring story of Akin’s journey from Texas to #Purdue football co-captain of the 2001 #RoseBowl team to @NFL linebacker. Plus, you’ll hear how Akin’s gratitude for the scholarship assistance he received at Purdue compelled him to establish Dreambuilders Foundation, a nonprofit that works with athletes across America to help children in need. <link>
- “I found my calling at #Purdue.” Former @BoilerFootball defensive end, co-captain of the 2001 #RoseBowl team and @NFL linebacker Akin Ayodele says his #Purdue education sparked a dedication to lifelong learning in the latest episode of #ThisIsPurdue. Listen as he discusses his football career, his friendship with the legendary @DB9NFL and his vision for Dreambuilders Foundation, the youth-centered nonprofit he founded. <link>
- “Nobody does great things by themselves. I am very fortunate that somebody gave to Purdue so that I could have a scholarship that changed my life.” Former @BoilerFootball and @NFL player Akin Ayodele’s inspiring story of perseverance exemplifies the #Boilermaker spirit. Check out #ThisIsPurdue, the official university podcast, to hear more about Akin’s journey. <link>
Twitter + Instagram
- Akin Ayodele credits former @BoilerFootball coach Joe Tiller with building his mental toughness, a trait that’s allowed him to pivot throughout his career. Don’t miss the newest episode of #ThisIsPurdue with @_a4a as he discusses his @NFL journey and @Dreambuilders_1. 🎧🏈 <link>
- “I found my calling at #Purdue.” Listen as @_a4a discusses his @BoilerFootball and @NFL careers, his friendship with the legendary @drewbrees and his vision for @Dreambuilders_1, the youth-centered nonprofit he founded. Only on #ThisIsPurdue! <link>
- “I am very fortunate that somebody gave to Purdue so that I could have a scholarship that changed my life.” Former @BoilerFootball / @NFL player @_a4a’s inspiring story of perseverance exemplifies the #Boilermaker spirit. Listen in! #ThisIsPurdue <link>
Please tag Purdue University and use the hashtag #ThisIsPurdue