Podcast Episode 61 – Angela Ashmore
This Is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University, highlights stories about Boilermakers from across all disciplines, who through research, innovation and determination, have persistently pursued their next giant leap.
Hosted by Purdue University alum, Brian Lamb School of Communication graduate, and Indiana native Kate Young, This is Purdue aims to examine all of the incredible accomplishments of Boilermakers and their contributions to the world.
Below, you’ll find helpful information, stories, and social media content regarding this episode of This Is Purdue.
What’s it like to be a part of a winning Indianapolis 500 team? And even more, what’s it like to be the first woman IndyCar crew member to win this iconic race?
In this episode of “This Is Purdue,” we’re getting an update from Purdue mechanical engineering alumna and IndyCar engineer Angela Ashmore. On May 29, 2022, Marcus Ericsson won the most famous race in motorsports in Chip Ganassi Racing’s No. 8 Huski Chocolate Honda, and Angela was a big piece of that winning strategy!
Listen in as she describes her experience in Victory Lane, the Boilermaker support she encountered before and after the big race and how it feels to make history as the first woman IndyCar crew member to win the Indy 500.
Plus, in case you missed it, you can hear our original interview with Angela as she discussed her Purdue journey and what she hoped her next giant leap would be. (Spoiler alert: That giant leap was achieved!)
· Links to the podcast
· Social graphics
· Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM Campaign: this_is_purdue_angela_ashmore_indy500_winner
UTM Medium: Social (or email)
UTM Source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
Link to the podcast: https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/angela-ashmore-indy500-winner
General Podcast Page – https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Instagram Stories.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE POSTING TIPS
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine.
· Keep posts short and direct
· Link all posts back to our landing page
· Include photos, videos, or GIF’s
· Use short URLS
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
LinkedIn + Facebook
- What’s it like to be a part of a winning #Indy500 team? And even more, what’s it like to be the first woman #INDYCAR crew member to win this iconic race? Listen in to #ThisIsPurdue for an update from @PurdueME alumna and @IndyCar engineer Angela Ashmore after @ChipGanassiRacingTeams’ No. 8 Huski Chocolate Honda, driven by @Marcus Ericsson, won the 2022 #Indy500 at @IndianapolisMotorSpeedway! 🏆 <link>
- “I was prepared to be in Victory Lane all night if they would allow us!” @PurdueME alumna Angela Ashmore gave us a special update on #ThisIsPurdue after her teammate @Marcus Ericsson won the most famous race in motorsports in @ChipGanassiRacingTeam’s No. 8 Huski Chocolate Honda. Listen as Angela describes her experience in Victory Lane and how it feels to make history as the first woman @IndyCar crew member to win the #Indy500. <link>
- “Winning the Indy 500 is something I can hang on to. I was able to achieve something in my field that no other woman had done yet.” In our latest #ThisIsPurdue episode, @IndyCar engineer Angela Ashmore is discussing being a part of that winning strategy — and making #INDYCAR history — after @Marcus Ericsson’s drive to victory in the #Indy500 this May. You don’t want to miss this special episode! <link>
Twitter + Instagram
- What’s it like to be part of a winning #Indy500 team? And what’s it like to be the first woman #INDYCAR crew member to win this iconic race? @PurdueME alum & @IndyCar engineer @AngieAshmore is sharing her experience on #ThisIsPurdue! 🏆 @CGRTeams @Ericsson_Marcus <link>
- “I was prepared to be in Victory Lane all night if they would allow us!” Listen to #ThisIsPurdue as @CGRTeams’ @AngieAshmore describes making history as the first woman @IndyCar crew member to win the #Indy500 with driver @Ericsson_Marcus. <link>
- “Winning the #Indy500 is something I can hang on to. I was able to achieve something in my field that no other woman had done yet.” @PurdueME alum and @CGRTeams engineer @AngieAshmore made history after @Ericsson_Marcus won the #Indy500 in May. Hear more on #ThisIsPurdue! <link>
Please tag Purdue University and use the hashtag #ThisIsPurdue
Other tagging options include:
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC HASHTAGS
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories