Podcast Episode 72 – Greatest Hits of 2022: Part 1
This Is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University, highlights stories about Boilermakers from across all disciplines, who through research, innovation and determination, have persistently pursued their next giant leap.
Hosted by Purdue University alum, Brian Lamb School of Communication graduate, and Indiana native Kate Young, This is Purdue aims to examine all of the incredible accomplishments of Boilermakers and their contributions to the world.
Below, you’ll find helpful information, stories, and social media content regarding this episode of This Is Purdue.
In this episode of “This Is Purdue,” we’re ringing in the new year with some of our most popular episodes from 2022.
Part 1 of our two-part “Greatest Hits of 2022” episode focuses on the incredible Boilermaker athletics guests we’ve had on the podcast during the past year.
Listen in as we share highlights from episodes with women’s basketball coach Katie Gearlds; the iconic Gene Keady; Purdue athletics’ legacy family, the Anthrops; former Boilermaker quarterbacks and best friends Mike Phipps and Don Kiepert; and women’s volleyball coach Dave Shondell.
We’ll dig into the Purdue spirit, community and traditions and why each and every one of these guests are proud Boilermakers.
You don’t want to miss this spirited episode!
· Links to the podcast
· Social graphics
· Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When you link to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, we recommend that you add UTM parameters to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM campaign: this_is_purdue_greatest_hits_2022_part_1
UTM medium: Social (or email)
UTM source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
Link to the podcast: https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/greatest-hits-2022-part-1
General podcast page: https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Instagram Stories.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE POSTING TIPS
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine:
· Keep posts short and direct
· Link all posts back to our landing page
· Include photos, videos or GIFs
· Use short URLs
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
LinkedIn + Facebook
- Our latest #ThisIsPurdue episode celebrates the podcast’s “Greatest Hits of 2022” as we prepare to ring in 2023. In part 1, we highlight the incredible @PurdueSports guests who have joined the podcast in the past year. You’ll hear from @PurdueWBB coach Katie Gearlds; the iconic @Coach Gene Keady; Purdue athletics’ legacy family — the Anthrops; former @PurdueFootball quarterbacks and best friends Mike Phipps and Don Kiepert; and @PurdueVB coach Dave Shondell. You don’t want to miss this spirited episode! <link>
- What was your favorite #ThisIsPurdue episode of 2022? Our latest #podcast episode celebrates our “Greatest Hits of 2022” with some of our most popular @PurdueSports episodes. Listen as we dig into the #Purdue spirit, community and traditions and why these guests are proud #Boilermakers. @PurdueWBB / @Coach Gene Keady / @BoilerBall / @PurdueFootball / @PurdueVB <link>
Twitter + Instagram
- Our latest #ThisIsPurdue episode celebrates the “Greatest Hits of 2022” as we prepare to ring in 2023. Listen as we honor the incredible @PurdueSports guests we’ve had on the #podcast during the past year, including #GeneKeady, @KatieGearlds4, @DaveShondell and more! <link>
- What was your favorite #ThisIsPurdue ep. this year? We’re celebrating our “Greatest Hits of 2022” w/ some of our most popular @PurdueSports eps. We dig into the #Purdue spirit, community & traditions. @PurdueWBB / @BoilerBall / @BoilerFootball / @PurdueVB <link>
Please tag Purdue University and use the hashtag #ThisIsPurdue
Other tagging options include:
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC HASHTAGS
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories