Podcast Episode 75 – Kendra Bracken-Ferguson
This Is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University, highlights stories about Boilermakers from across all disciplines, who through research, innovation and determination, have persistently pursued their next giant leap.
Hosted by Purdue University alum, Brian Lamb School of Communication graduate, and Indiana native Kate Young, “This Is Purdue” aims to examine all of the incredible accomplishments of Boilermakers and their contributions to the world.
Below, you’ll find helpful information, stories, and social media content regarding this episode of This Is Purdue.
In this episode of “This Is Purdue,” we’re talking to successful entrepreneur Kendra Bracken-Ferguson (BA communication ‘02), founder and CEO of BrainTrust.
Listen as Kendra describes the early days of social media, blogging and influencing, and how she used platforms like Myspace to transform top-tier global brands. You’ll hear about Kendra’s journey as Ralph Lauren’s first director of digital media and why she eventually left to start her entrepreneurial career.
Kendra also dives into how her time at Purdue – between taking the field as part of the Purdue Golduster Dance Team to working at the Black Cultural Center to interning with the Indiana Pacers – shaped her into the woman she is today.
This Boilermaker uses her platform to support Black-owned beauty and wellness brands, and she’s partnered with superstar actress Halle Berry on her health and wellness company, rē•spin.
This dynamic interview highlights a Purdue alumna who is dedicated to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion and innovating new ways to use technology.
· Links to the podcast
· Social graphics
· Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM campaign: this_is_purdue_kendra_bracken_ferguson
UTM medium: Social (or email)
UTM source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
Link to the podcast: https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/kendra-bracken-ferguson
General podcast page: https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Instagram Stories.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE POSTING TIPS
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine:
· Keep posts short and direct
· Link all posts back to our landing page
· Include photos, videos or GIFs
· Use short URLs
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
LinkedIn + Facebook
- From @purduegoldustersdanceteam member to @RalphLauren social media pioneer to entrepreneur and CEO, #Boilermaker Kendra Bracken-Ferguson has a unique story. Listen to #ThisIsPurdue as she describes her career journey – from the early days of social media and pitching the use of Myspace to promote global brands to becoming one of the first 100 Black women in the country to raise over $1 million in funding for her first company. <link>
- “I want to be part of moving Purdue forward, especially through the lens of diversity, equity and inclusion for women, for Black women and for students of need.” Kendra Bracken-Ferguson dives into how her time at #Purdue – between taking the stage as part of the @PurdueGoldusterDanceTeam to working at the @PurdueBCC1969 to interning with the @Pacers – shaped her into the woman she is today. 🎧 Check out this dynamic #ThisIsPurdue interview on your favorite #podcast platform today: <link>
Twitter + Instagram
- Have you ever wondered how brands first started using social media? @KendraBracken joins us on #ThisIsPurdue and discusses how she made giant leaps in the early days of digital media with global brands like @ATT and @RalphLauren. Listen today: <link>
- It’s our 75th episode of #ThisIsPurdue and we’re featuring @BrainTrustLA founder/CEO @KendraBracken. She discusses her #Purdue journey from taking the field as a @PurdueGolduster to working at @purdue_bcc. How did she go on to raise millions for her first company? <link>
- What was life like before social media? In this episode of the #ThisIsPurdue podcast, we sit down with @KendraBracken, social media pioneer and entrepreneur. Kendra used digital communications to promote global brands and helped create some of the first influencers. Listen: <link>
- Successful entrepreneur/founder @KendraBracken uses her platform to support Black-owned beauty and wellness brands. She’s partnered with superstar actress @HalleBerry on her health and wellness company, @respin. Hear this #Boilermaker’s unique journey on #ThisIsPurdue: <link>
Please tag Purdue University and use the hashtag #ThisIsPurdue
Other tagging options include:
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC HASHTAGS
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories