Podcast Episode 79 – David Graves
This Is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University, highlights stories about Boilermakers from across all disciplines, who through research, innovation and determination, have persistently pursued their next giant leap.
Hosted by Purdue University alum, Brian Lamb School of Communication graduate, and Indiana native Kate Young, “This Is Purdue” aims to examine all of the incredible accomplishments of Boilermakers and their contributions to the world.
Below, you’ll find helpful information, stories, and social media content regarding this episode of This Is Purdue.
In this special episode of “This Is Purdue,” we’re talking to the president of Pizza Hut U.S., David Graves.
That’s right, the president of one of America’s largest pizza chains is a Boilermaker who graduated from Purdue University’s business school, newly named after President Emeritus Mitch Daniels.
Listen as David (BS management ’03) describes how Purdue prepared him with the persistence and perseverance needed to innovate global brands such as Pampers, Pantene and several Yum! Brands, including Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) and Pizza Hut.
You’ll hear about some of David’s favorite advertising and marketing initiatives over the years, including working with actor Craig Robinson of “The Office” and using Pizza Hut’s brand nostalgia to bring its marketing into today’s modern age.
Plus, David shares some of his favorite memories at Purdue – including how he met his wife – and his love for Purdue Athletics. And you don’t want to miss hearing our podcast team go behind the scenes in a Pizza Hut kitchen to make his go-to pizza order.
This episode shares the success story of a Boilermaker who celebrates Purdue’s innovation, excellence and community.
· Links to the podcast
· Social graphics
· Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When you link to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, we recommend that you add UTM parameters to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM campaign: this_is_purdue_pizza_hut_president_david_graves
UTM medium: Social (or email)
UTM source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
Link to the podcast: https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/pizza-hut-president-david-graves
General podcast page: https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Instagram Stories.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE POSTING TIPS
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine:
· Keep posts short and direct
· Link all posts back to our landing page
· Include photos, videos or GIFs
· Use short URLs
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
LinkedIn + Facebook
- He may work under an iconic red roof, but @PizzaHutUS president David Graves bleeds gold and black! That’s right, the president of one of America’s largest pizza chains is a #Boilermaker who graduated from @PurdueBusiness. In this special episode of #ThisIsPurdue, David discusses some of his favorite #Purdue memories, including meeting his wife in Shreve Hall and cheering on @DB9NFL during @PurdueFootball games. Hear how David uses that Boilermaker innovation and persistence instilled in him from his #Purdue days to further build Pizza Hut’s brand. 🍕🎧 You don’t want to miss this one: <link>
- Did you know the president of @PizzaHutUS is a #Boilermaker? We sat down with David Graves (at a local Indiana Pizza Hut!) on #ThisIsPurdue. Listen as he shares how his #Purdue experience provided him with the innovation and persistence to solve tough problems while working for global brands, such as @Pantene, @Pampers and @KFC. No matter how you slice it, this is an unmissable episode. (We tried to come up with better pizza jokes but just couldn’t nail the delivery. 🍕) <link>
- “#Purdue is an incredible place that prepares incredible leaders. To be able to be part of the #Boilermaker community is really a privilege.” It’s something we hear on “This Is Purdue” again and again and again. Listen to how Purdue’s unique community and culture prepared @PizzaHutUS President David Graves with the skills needed to run one of the largest pizza chains in the U.S. on our latest episode of the #ThisIsPurdue podcast. <link>
- Need help deciding what to get on your pizza? Why not take some advice from the president of @PizzaHutUS? In this episode of #ThisIsPurdue, you’ll hear about some of David Graves’ favorite advertising and marketing initiatives over the years, including working with @TheOfficeTV’s Craig Robinson and using Pizza Hut’s brand nostalgia to bring its marketing into today’s modern age. Plus, you don’t want to miss our podcast team going behind the scenes in a #PizzaHut kitchen to make David’s go-to pizza order. Share your go-to #PizzaHut order in the comments. 🍕⬇️ <link>
Twitter + Instagram
- What do you like on your pizza? Cheese, pepperoni, veggies? Ever wondered what the president of #PizzaHut orders? Find out on tomorrow’s episode of #ThisIsPurdue, featuring @PurdueBusiness alum and @PizzaHut President David Graves! 🍕🎧 <link>
- He may work under an iconic red roof, but @PizzaHut President David Graves bleeds gold & black! In this ep. of #ThisIsPurdue, David shares #Purdue memories, including meeting his wife on campus & cheering on @DrewBrees during @BoilerFootball games. ⬇️ <link>
- We sat down w/ @pizzahut president David Graves (at a local Pizza Hut 🍕) on #ThisIsPurdue. He shares how #Purdue provided him w/ the persistence to solve tough problems while working for global brands, such as @Pantene, @Pampers & @KFC. Don’t miss it! <link>
- “Purdue is an incredible place that prepares incredible leaders.” Listen to how #Purdue prepared @PizzaHut President David Graves with the skills needed to run one of the largest pizza chains in the U.S. on #ThisIsPurdue, the official university podcast. <link>
- “Wherever you go in this world … there’s a #Boilermaker community.” @PizzaHut President David Graves is a proud #Boilermaker! Hear more about his journey from #Purdue student to working for global brands, such as @Pantene, @Pampers & @KFC. #ThisIsPurdue <link>
- Hear about @pizzahut President David Graves’ favorite advertising & marketing initiatives, including working with @theofficetv’s @MrCraigRobinson + using Pizza Hut’s brand nostalgia to bring its marketing into today’s modern age. Only on #ThisIsPurdue. <link>
Please tag Purdue University and use the hashtag #ThisIsPurdue
Other tagging options include:
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC HASHTAGS
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories