Podcast Episode 83 – Team Penske IndyCar Engineers
This Is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University, highlights stories about Boilermakers from across all disciplines, who through research, innovation and determination, have persistently pursued their next giant leap.
Hosted by Purdue University alum, Brian Lamb School of Communication graduate, and Indiana native Kate Young, “This Is Purdue” aims to examine all of the incredible accomplishments of Boilermakers and their contributions to the world.
Below, you’ll find helpful information, stories, and social media content regarding this episode of This Is Purdue.
In this episode of “This Is Purdue,” we’re talking to Matt Kuebel and Mike Koenigs, Team Penske IndyCar engineers and Purdue University alums.
Listen as Matt (BS mechanical engineering ’22) and Mike (MS aeronautical and astronautical engineering ’03) discuss their Purdue College of Engineering journeys and what it’s like working for one of the most well-known, legendary teams in motorsports.
Matt, an IndyCar design engineer, and Mike, an IndyCar aerodynamicist, both work on all three Team Penske IndyCar entries – driven by Josef Newgarden, Will Power and Scott McLaughlin – that will be racing in the 2023 Indianapolis 500 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
They discuss the persistence, grit and attention to detail required to be part of a winning Indy 500 team and how their Purdue education set them up for success in the professional motorsports world. As Matt tells us, “The race starts at noon on Sunday. If you’re not ready, the race still starts at noon on Sunday.”
Celebrate the month of May with these two proud Boilermaker alums.
· Links to the podcast
· Social graphics
· Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When you link to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, we recommend that you add UTM parameters to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM campaign: this_is_purdue_team_penske_engineers
UTM medium: Social (or email)
UTM source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
Link to the podcast: https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/team-penske-indycar-engineers
General podcast page: https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Instagram Stories.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE POSTING TIPS
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine:
· Keep posts short and direct
· Link all posts back to our landing page
· Include photos, videos or GIFs
· Use short URLs
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
LinkedIn + Facebook
- Which @IndyCar team has the most #Indy500 wins out of any other team? 🏁 It’s @TeamPenske! #ThisIsPurdue had the chance to talk to two #TeamPenske engineers ahead of the iconic race at @IndianapolisMotorSpeedway this weekend. Listen as @PurdueME alum Matt Kuebel and @PurdueAeroAstro alum Mike Koenigs discuss the Penske legacy and why this race means so much to the entire team – from the drivers to the race engineers and support staff. #ThisIsMay #INDYCAR <link>
- Building the legacy behind one of the most prominent teams in motorsports.️ Working under tight deadlines while solving complex problems. Cheering on their drivers @JosefNewgarden, @12WillPower and @smclaughlin93 in this weekend’s #Indy500. All of this and more on our latest #ThisIsPurdue episode. Listen as @PurdueME alum Matt Kuebel and @PurdueAeroAstro alum Mike Koenigs reflect on their @PurdueEngineering journeys and how their #Purdue education set them up for success in the professional motorsports world as @TeamPenske @IndyCar engineers. #ThisIsMay #INDYCAR
- “Purdue has given me some of my core memories. I’ve transitioned from a high school kid to working for one of the most well-known race teams in the history of motorsports. It’s given me opportunities and the confidence to know that I can tackle anything that comes my way.” @PurdueME alum Matt Kuebel is a design engineer for @TeamPenske’s @IndyCar drivers @JosefNewgarden, @12WillPower and @smclaughlin93. Check out #ThisIsPurdue to hear more from Matt on his #Purdue journey and his path to working for one of the most prominent teams in motorsports. #ThisIsMay #INDYCAR <link>
- “The Indy 500 is the most important event on our calendar. It has the longest history and most tradition of any of the races. It’s the biggest single-day sporting event in the world. All eyes are on you.” Get ready for the big race by listening to our special #Indy500 themed #ThisIsPurdue episode! As Matt Kuebel, @PurdueME alum and design engineer for @TeamPenske, tells us, “The race starts at noon on Sunday. If you’re not ready, the race still starts at noon on Sunday.” #ThisIsMay #INDYCAR <link>
Twitter + Instagram
- Which @IndyCar team has the most #Indy500 wins out of any other team? It’s @Team_Penske! Listen as Penske engineers @PurdueME’s Matt Kuebel and @PurdueAeroAstro’s Mike Koenigs discuss the Penske legacy and this iconic race at @IMS. #ThisIsMay #ThisIsPurdue <link>
- ⚫️Building the @team_penske legacy⚪️Working under tight deadlines ⚫️ Cheering on their drivers @JosefNewgarden, @12WillPower & @smclaughlin93 in the #Indy500 Hear more on #ThisIsPurdue w/ #Purdue alums Matt Kuebel & Mike Koenigs. <link>
- “Purdue has given me the confidence to know that I can tackle anything that comes my way.” @PurdueME alum Matt Kuebel is a design engineer for @Team_Penske’s @IndyCar drivers @JosefNewgarden, @12WillPower & @smclaughlin93. Hear more from Matt on #ThisIsPurdue. <link>
- Get ready for the big race by listening to our #Indy500 themed #ThisIsPurdue episode! As Matt Kuebel, @PurdueEngineers alum & design engineer for @TeamPenske, tells us, “The race starts at noon on Sunday. If you’re not ready, the race still starts at noon on Sunday.” 👀 <link>
Please tag Purdue University and use the hashtag #ThisIsPurdue
Other tagging options include:
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC HASHTAGS
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories