Podcast Episode 84 – Tiffini Grimes
This Is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University, highlights stories about Boilermakers from across all disciplines, who through research, innovation and determination, have persistently pursued their next giant leap.
Hosted by Purdue University alum, Brian Lamb School of Communication graduate, and Indiana native Kate Young, “This Is Purdue” aims to examine all of the incredible accomplishments of Boilermakers and their contributions to the world.
Below, you’ll find helpful information, stories, and social media content regarding this episode of This Is Purdue.
In this episode of “This Is Purdue,” we’re talking to Tiffini Grimes (BA political science ’05), Purdue University’s deputy athletics director and senior woman administrator.
This Boilermaker alumna highlights her journey in collegiate athletics as she made her way from law school to the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) to working in the athletics departments for universities like Penn State University, Georgia Institute of Technology, the University of Alabama and, finally, back home to Purdue.
Tiffini, who was named in Sports Business Journal’s Forty Under 40 Class of 2022 and The Athletic’s College Sports 40 Under 40, shares her favorite memories from her time at Purdue, including cheering on the Boilermaker football team and interning for the John Purdue Club.
She also shares the deep pride she feels in pursuing her next giant leap at her alma mater and what it’s like helping Purdue’s talented student athletes have the best experience possible, both on and off the field.
Don’t miss this special episode with this Boilermaker alumna who exemplifies that special Purdue pride and spirit.
· Links to the podcast
· Social graphics
· Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When you link to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, we recommend that you add UTM parameters to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM campaign: this_is_purdue_tiffini_grimes
UTM medium: Social (or email)
UTM source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
Link to the podcast: https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/purdue-deputy-athletics-director-tiffini-grimes
General podcast page: https://stories.purdue.edu/podcast/
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Instagram Stories.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE POSTING TIPS
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine:
· Keep posts short and direct
· Link all posts back to our landing page
· Include photos, videos or GIFs
· Use short URLs
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
LinkedIn + Facebook
- Are you an avid @PurdueSports fan? In this episode of #ThisIsPurdue, we’re talking to one of the people who work behind the scenes to make it all happen! @TiffiniGrimes, #Purdue deputy athletics director and senior woman administrator, shares her journey from the @PurdueCollegeofLiberalArts to law school to working for the @ncaa1906 and athletics departments for universities such as @PennState, @GeorgiaTech, @UniversityofAlabama and, finally, back home to her alma mater. Hear why Tiffini is proud to pursue her next giant leap at #Purdue. <link>
- We love a full circle #Boilermaker moment on our official university podcast, #ThisIsPurdue. Hear how #Purdue alum @TiffiniGrimes turned her passion for @PurdueSports into a career as deputy athletics director and senior woman administrator for her alma mater. Tiffini shares why she’s committed to helping Purdue’s talented student athletes have the best experiences possible both on and off the field. <link>
- “When the ball stops bouncing, when you’re not on the track anymore, when you’re not taking a lap in the pool, what do you stand with? I think a Purdue degree is a great thing to have to forge you ahead into the next 70 years of your life.” @TiffiniGrimes, deputy athletics director for @PurdueSports, discusses #Purdue’s world-class athletics and academics on #ThisIsPurdue. Hear more from this special #Boilermaker, who was named to both @SportsBusinessJournal’s and @TheAthletic’s ‘40 Under 40’ lists. <link>
- “I’m so proud to be at Purdue, where we sell out Mackey Arena for @PurdueWBB. The value our female student athletes bring to the table is something that is celebrated, supported and encouraged.” @TiffiniGrimes, @purduesports deputy athletics director, shares more about her collegiate athletics journey and the importance of women student athletes on the #ThisIsPurdue podcast. Don’t miss this episode with a #Boilermaker alumna who exemplifies that special #Purdue pride and spirit. <link>
Twitter + Instagram
- Big @PurdueSports fan? We’re talking to one of the people who work behind the scenes to make it all happen on #ThisIsPurdue. @TiffiniNicole, #Purdue alum & deputy athletics director, shares her journey from the @NCAA, @Penn_State, @GeorgiaTech & @UofAlabama to, now, #Purdue. <link>
- Hear how #Purdue alum @TiffiniNicole turned her passion for @PurdueSports into a career as deputy athletics director/senior woman administrator. Tiffini shares why she’s committed to helping Purdue’s talented student athletes have great experiences both on & off the field. <link>
- .@TiffiniNicole1, deputy athletics director for @PurdueSports, discusses #Purdue’s world-class athletics and academics on #ThisIsPurdue. Hear more from this special #Boilermaker, who was named to both @SBJ’s and @TheAthletic’s ‘40 Under 40’ lists. Listen: <link>
- “I’m so proud to be at #Purdue, where we sell out #Mackey for @PurdueWBB.” @TiffiniNicole, @purduesports deputy athletics director, shares more about her collegiate athletics journey and the importance of women student athletes on the #ThisIsPurdue podcast. Listen today: <link>
Please tag Purdue University and use the hashtag #ThisIsPurdue
Other tagging options include:
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC HASHTAGS
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories