Purdue celebrates Black History Month
Marketing and Communications has assembled assets for use by campus communicators on their own channels in celebration of Black History Month. This document provides guidance on how to leverage these assets for optimal impact and will be updated and expanded as new materials are created throughout the month.
Currently, assets include:
Purdue is celebrating Black History Month this February with stories about the giant leaps made by Purdue’s outstanding black faculty, staff, alumni and students. We will add profiles, videos and student-interest stories throughout the month, recognizing excellence in honor of this annual event.
The University will also host virtual events all spring, with events scheduled by the Black Cultural Center leading the way. Like the BCC itself, this celebration is designed to enhance the cultural, social and academic development of the entire Purdue community.
LINKS AND UTM PARAMETERS
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
Black History Month UTM Campaign: bhm2021
Black History Month Landing Page Links
- Facebook – https://purdue.link/bhm2021fb
- Instagram – https://purdue.link/bhm2021insta
- LinkedIn – https://purdue.link/bhm2021linkedin
- SnapChat – https://purdue.link/bhm2021snap
- Twitter – https://purdue.link/bhm2021tweet
BCC Spring Events Press Release
- Facebook – https://purdue.link/BCCSpring21fb
- Instagram – https://purdue.link/BCCSpring21insta
- LinkedIn – https://purdue.link/BCCSpring21linkedin
- SnapChat – https://purdue.link/BCCSpring21snap
- Twitter – https://purdue.link/BCCSpring21tweet
Profile / Feature Story Links
- Use the Campaign URL Builder
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine.
- Keep posts short and direct
- Link all posts back to our landing page
- Include photos, videos or GIF’s
- Post Black History month content consistently throughout February to each channel you have and moderate comments daily
- Include the following tags in your posts:
- Facebook: @PurdueBCC1969
- Twitter: @PurdueDiversity
- Instagram: @purdue_bcc OR @purduediversity
SOCIAL MEDIA ASSETS
NOTE: If InDesign files are needed for any of these assets, please complete the marketing request form.
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
General Black History Month Copy – link to Black History Month Landing Page (see links above)
- Purdue is celebrating Black History Month throughout February with stories about Purdue’s outstanding black faculty, staff, alumni and students, as well as virtual events. Join the celebration!
- Stories about Purdue’s outstanding black faculty, staff, alumni and students, as well as events hosted by the Black Cultural Center, are all part of Purdue’s celebration of Black History Month this February. Join the celebration!
Black Cultural Center Events Copy – link to BCC Press Release (see links above)
- The Purdue Black Cultural Center is hosting numerous virtual events during spring 2021, leading the way as Purdue celebrates Black History Month and the giant leaps made by its outstanding black faculty, staff, alumni and students.
Example of Profile/Feature Story Copy – link to Story Page (use Campaign URL Builder)
- As part of its Black History Month celebration, Purdue honors Nichole Wilson (MBA ’11), who persistently pursued her lifelong goal of becoming a leader in health care.