Podcast Episode 36 – David Boudia
This is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University, highlights stories about Boilermakers from across all disciplines, who through research, innovation and determination, have persistently pursued their next giant leap.
Hosted by Purdue University alum, Brian Lamb School of Communication graduate, and Indiana native Kate Young, This is Purdue aims to examine all of the incredible accomplishments of Boilermakers and their contributions to the world.
Below, you’ll find helpful information, stories, and social media content regarding this episode of This is Purdue.
In this episode of This Is Purdue, David Boudia, the most decorated Purdue University Diving Olympian, joins us.
David shares his gold medal-winning journey, and how adversity has helped shape him into the athlete and person he is today.
He also discusses his role in the HBO Sports documentary The Weight of Gold, which explores the mental health challenges that Olympic athletes often face. Hear why David says depression doesn’t discriminate, and why it was important for elite athletes to help shine a light on this.
Plus, two Boilermakers will be representing Purdue and USA Diving in Tokyo, and we talk to Brandon Loschiavo, Purdue alum and first-time Olympian, about how he feels to represent the university on this worldwide stage.
And what is the next step in David’s career? Find out on This Is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University.
Though the following content will be shared in July when the episode is released, these stories and resources can be used any time of the year.
- Links to the podcast
- Social graphics
- Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM Campaign: this_is_purdue_diving_dynasty
UTM Medium: Social (or email)
UTM Source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
Links to the podcast:
Podcast Page on Purdue.edu – https://www.purdue.edu/podcast/
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Instagram Stories.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine.
- Keep posts short and direct
- Link all posts back to our landing page
- Include photos, videos, or GIF’s
- Use short URLS
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
LinkedIn + Facebook
- #Purdue Olympian David Boudia has faced plenty of adversity throughout his 21-year diving career. His journey has been filled with plenty of highs and lows. In this episode of #ThisIsPurdue, David tells us about his book, Greater Than Gold, and how overcoming adversity has shaped the person and athlete he is today. Only on the official university #podcast! <link>
- With #Tokyo2020 in full swing, #Purdue diving legend David Boudia reflects on his gold medal winning moment at the 2012 Summer Olympics. Listen in to #ThisIsPurdue as he explains what the Purdue University community, including his Coach Adam Soldati and the @JohnPurdueClub, meant to him as he stood up on the podium in London. 🚂🆙 <link>
- #Purdue diving legend David Boudia recently appeared in The Weight of Gold, an HBO Sports documentary exploring the mental health challenges that Olympic athletes often face. Olympic icon Michael Phelps served as an executive producer on this film and legendary athletes like Apolo Ohno, Shaun White, Lolo Jones, and more went into great detail on the dire mental health situation amongst these elite athletes, which heightened with the postponement of #Tokyo2020. Hear why David says depression doesn’t discriminate – and why it’s important for elite athletes to help shine a light on this – on this special episode of #ThisIsPurdue. <link>
Twitter + Instagram
- #Purdue Olympian @DavidBoudia has faced plenty of adversity throughout his 21-year diving career. In this episode of #ThisIsPurdue, David tells us about his book, Greater Than Gold, and how overcoming adversity has shaped the person he is today. Only on the official university #podcast! <link>
- With #Tokyo2020 in full swing, @PurdueMSwimDive’s @DavidBoudia reflects on his gold medal winning moment in 2012. Listen in as he discusses what the #Purdue community, including @CoachSoldati and the @JohnPurdueClub, meant to him as he stood up on the podium. #ThisIsPurdue <link>
- .@DavidBoudia recently appeared in The Weight of Gold, an @HBO Sports documentary exploring the mental health challenges that Olympic athletes often face. Hear why David says depression doesn’t discriminate – and why it’s important for elite athletes to help shine a light on this. #ThisIsPurdue. <link>
- #ICYMI the most decorated #Purdue Diving Olympian – @DavidBoudia – joined us on #ThisIsPurdue. He’s broken several diving records here and has 6 @NCAA national titles! You don’t want to miss this episode highlighting this Purdue icon, and his latest role with @PurdueMSwimDive. <link>
Please tag Purdue University and use the hashtag #ThisIsPurdue
Also feel free to tag the following accounts:
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC HASHTAGS
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories