Podcast Episode 34 – Lesa Beals
This is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University, highlights stories about Boilermakers from across all disciplines, who through research, innovation and determination, have persistently pursued their next giant leap.
Hosted by Purdue University alum, Brian Lamb School of Communication graduate, and Indiana native Kate Young, This is Purdue aims to examine all of the incredible accomplishments of Boilermakers and their contributions to the world.
Below, you’ll find helpful information, stories, and social media content regarding this episode of This is Purdue.
In this episode of This Is Purdue, two of Purdue University’s commencement leaders join us to discuss Purdue’s first outdoor commencement ceremony at Ross-Ade Stadium.
Purdue has been hosting commencement at the iconic Elliott Hall of Music since the 1940s. But – like a lot of things in 2020 – COVID-19 changed that.
Lesa Beals, senior associate registrar, and Chris Pass, senior assistant registrar, share highlights from the 2021 Spring commencement, Purdue’s first in-person ceremony since the pandemic. Hear how they teamed up with other Big Ten universities to pull off a ceremony five times larger than what they normally did at Elliott, and how they prepared for things out of their control (AKA Indiana weather)!
Plus, listen in to hear Purdue University President Mitch Daniels’ full 2021 Spring commencement speech.
Though the following content will be shared in June when the episode is released, these stories and resources can be used any time of the year.
- Links to the podcast
- Social graphics
- Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM Campaign: this_is_purdue_spring_commencement_2021
UTM Medium: Social (or email)
UTM Source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
Links to the podcast:
Podcast Page on Purdue.edu – https://www.purdue.edu/podcast/
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Instagram Stories.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine.
- Keep posts short and direct
- Link all posts back to our landing page
- Include photos, videos, or GIF’s
- Use short URLS
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
LinkedIn + Facebook
Did you know #Purdue has been hosting commencement at the iconic Elliott Hall of Music since the 1940s?
In this episode of #ThisIsPurdue, Lesa Beals, senior associate registrar, and Chris Pass, senior assistant registrar, share highlights from Purdue’s first outdoor commencement ceremony at Ross-Ade Stadium.
They explain how they teamed up with other @BigTen universities to pull off a ceremony five times larger than normal, and how they prepared for things out of their control (AKA Indiana weather)!
Plus, you’ll hear #PurdueUniversity President Mitch Daniels’ full 2021 Spring commencement speech. #PurdueWeDidIt
Check it out today: <link>
Twitter + Instagram
- With springtime in #Indiana, you might guess what the commencement team was most worried about when it came to hosting their first outdoor ceremony at Ross-Ade Stadium this year. How did they prepare for this year’s ceremony? You’ll hear all of the behind-the-scenes info on #ThisIsPurdue. 🎧 #PurdueWeDidIt <link>
- “The biggest risk of all, is that we stop taking risks at all.” Have you heard President @purduemitch’s full commencement speech yet? Check it out on the #ThisIsPurdue podcast as we discuss highlights from Purdue’s first outdoor commencement ceremony! #PurdueWeDidIt <link>
- Did you know #Purdue has been hosting commencement at Elliott Hall of Music since the 1940s? We’re sharing highlights from Purdue’s first outdoor ceremony at Ross-Ade Stadium on #ThisIsPurdue. Plus, you’ll hear President @purduemitch’s full Spring 2021 commencement speech. #PurdueWeDidIt <link>
Please tag Purdue University and use the hashtag #ThisIsPurdue
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC HASHTAGS
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories