Podcast Episode 37 – Golden Ticket Winners
This is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University, highlights stories about Boilermakers from across all disciplines, who through research, innovation and determination, have persistently pursued their next giant leap.
Hosted by Purdue University alum, Brian Lamb School of Communication graduate, and Indiana native Kate Young, This is Purdue aims to examine all of the incredible accomplishments of Boilermakers and their contributions to the world.
Below, you’ll find helpful information, stories, and social media content regarding this episode of This is Purdue.
In this special edition of This Is Purdue, we’re featuring our journey to find and award the 10 Boilermakers who entered the Old Golden Ticket Vaccination Drawing.
Students who submitted valid proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by July 15 were randomly selected to win the ‘Golden Ticket’ – $9,992 – the equivalent of a year’s undergraduate tuition cost for an in-state Boilermaker since 2013.
Listen in as the Purdue University Marketing and Communications team highlights the behind-the-scenes details of pulling off these ultimate surprises from finding students on campus to crossing state lines to getting the parents in on the celebration. You don’t want to miss this episode!
- Links to the podcast
- Social graphics
- Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM Campaign: this_is_purdue_old_golden_ticket_winners
UTM Medium: Social (or email)
UTM Source: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram (or email newsletter name)
Links to the podcast:
Podcast Page on Purdue.edu – https://www.purdue.edu/podcast/
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Instagram Stories.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine.
- Keep posts short and direct
- Link all posts back to our landing page
- Include photos, videos, or GIF’s
- Use short URLS
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
LinkedIn + Facebook
- Once the 10 winners of the Old Golden Ticket Vaccination Drawing were selected, the real fun began. Listen to the latest episode of #ThisIsPurdue to follow the #Purdue Marketing and Communications team as they pulled off the ultimate surprises—from finding students on campus to crossing state lines to getting the parents in on the celebration. You don’t want to miss this episode! <link>
- We have a winner! 10 winners, actually. After a summer of anticipation, the winners of the Old Golden Ticket Vaccination Drawing were announced. Some were surprised virtually, and some were surprised in unlikely places! To hear the whole story and to meet the winners, listen to the latest episode of #ThisIsPurdue, the official Purdue University podcast. #ProtectPurdue <link>
- The wait is over. All 10 Old Golden Ticket Vaccination Drawing winners are featured on the latest episode of #ThisIsPurdue, the official Purdue University podcast. Host Kate Young shares the stories of how each winner found out that they struck gold. #ProtectPurdue <link>
Twitter + Instagram
- In this special edition of #ThisIsPurdue, we’re featuring the journey to find and award the 10 #Boilermakers who won $9,992 – a full year of in-state tuition at #Purdue – in the Old Golden Ticket Vaccination Drawing. Listen in for special behind-the-details! 🎧 <link>
- #ICYMI 10 Purdue students struck gold last month! Listen to the latest episode of #ThisIsPurdue to meet the winners of the Old Golden Ticket Vaccination Drawing and hear their stories. Trust us, you don’t want to miss this one! #ProtectPurdue <link>
Please tag Purdue University and use the hashtag #ThisIsPurdue
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC HASHTAGS
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories