Podcast Episode 30 – Briony Horgan
This is Purdue, the official podcast for Purdue University, highlights stories about Boilermakers from across all disciplines, who through research, innovation and determination, have persistently pursued their next giant leap.
Hosted by Purdue University alum, Brian Lamb School of Communication graduate, and Indiana native Kate Young, This is Purdue aims to examine all of the incredible accomplishments of Boilermakers and their contributions to the world.
Below, you’ll find helpful information, stories, and social media content regarding this episode of This is Purdue.
An Associate Professor of Planetary Science at Purdue University, Briony Horgan is also one of the tactical science leads for NASA’s Perseverance Mars Rover. She is examining the Mars landscape through a rover camera called Mastcam-Z – which she helped design for this mission.
Listen into This is Purdue as Briony discusses what the team of scientists on this mission is looking for on the Red Planet, and what being a part of Purdue’s community means to her.
Though the following content will be shared in April and into May when the episode is released, these stories and resources can be used any time of the year.
- Links to the podcast
- Social graphics
- Suggested social post copy
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
Links to the podcast:
Podcast Page on Purdue.edu – https://www.purdue.edu/podcast/
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include files for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Instagram Stories.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine.
- Keep posts short and direct
- Link all posts back to our landing page
- Include photos, videos, or GIF’s
- Use short URLS
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
LinkedIn + Facebook
Our latest #ThisIsPurdue episode features Briony Horgan, #Mars scientist and Associate Professor of Planetary Science at #Purdue. Listen in and you’ll learn:
🚀 How Briony is examining the Mars landscape through a rover camera called Mastcam-Z – which she helped design for the #Mars2020 mission
🚀 What the team of scientists on this mission is looking for on the Red Planet (Spoiler alert: It’s not 👽)
🚀 What being a part of Purdue’s community – and a woman in exploration at the University – means to Briony
- 🚀 NEW #podcast episode! Listen in to #ThisIsPurdue as Briony Horgan, Associate Professor of Planetary Science at #Purdue, discusses her work with @NASA’s #MarsPerseverance and what being a part of Purdue’s community means to her. <insert link>
- On this episode of #ThisIsPurdue, Mars scientist and #Purdue professor Briony Horgan (@ironywithab) shares what the #MarsPerseverance team is looking for on the Red Planet with Mastcam-Z. Subscribe and listen today! <insert link>
- How was one of Purdue’s very own inspired to work with @NASA? You don’t want to miss this episode with #MarsPerseverance scientist and #Purdue professor Briony Horgan (@ironywithab)! 🎧 <insert link>
🚀 NEW #podcast episode! Check out this week’s #ThisIsPurdue as Briony Horgan, #Mars scientist and Associate Professor of Planetary Science at #Purdue, discusses her work with @NASA’s Perseverance Mars Rover, and what being a part of Purdue’s community means to her. #MarsPerseverance
Please tag Purdue University and use the hashtag #ThisIsPurdue
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC HASHTAGS
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories