No. 4 IN THE U.S. FOR PATENTS, 2022
Purdue University was ranked No. 4 in the U.S. and No. 5 globally for the number of patents granted, with a total of 192 patents from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in 2022. This is the third year in a row that Purdue has ranked in the top 10 for patents among U.S. universities. Purdue is breaking boundaries and solving real-world problems alongside schools like MIT, the University of California and The University of Texas.
Of all the ways that Purdue persistently pursues innovation, this ranking might be the most indicative of discovery and growth. Below you’ll find helpful information and social media content that will allow us to leverage this ranking to further the Purdue brand.
Because our No. 4 ranking puts us on the level of nationally-recognized schools, we have an opportunity to continue to position ourselves as a peer institution. Purdue is changing the world in tangible ways with both small steps and giant leaps. Emphasizing Purdue’s contributions to world-changing research as well as our high ranking will convey both Purdue’s innovative character and its relentlessness.
- Animated graphics
- Social graphics
- Social post copy
- Link to Purdue News story
LINKS and UTM PARAMETERS
When linking to Purdue websites from social platforms or emails, it is recommended that UTM parameters be added to the URL in order to provide reporting on the activity. The Marketing and Communications campaign URL builder allows you to easily configure these links and even request shortened Purdue-branded links.
UTM Campaign: Example: utilitypatentsranking2023
UTM Medium: Social
Story Links: https://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/releases/2023/Q2/changing-lives-through-inventions-purdue-jumps-to-the-top-5-of-global-leaders-in-us-patents-received.html
Short Link: https://purdue.link/utilitypatentsranking
Facebook – https://purdue.link/utilitypatentsrankingfb
Instagram – https://purdue.link/utilitypatentsrankinginsta
LinkedIn – https://purdue.link/utilitypatentsrankinglinkedin
Snapchat – https://purdue.link/utilitypatentsrankingsnap
Twitter – https://purdue.link/utilitypatentsrankingtweet
The following assets are available for download and use. Social assets include 2:1 files (to use on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn), 1:1 files (to use on Instagram), Instagram Stories, web banners and digital signs.
NOTE: If InDesign files are needed for any of these assets, please complete the marketing request form on our website.
SHARING PURDUE.EDU ARTICLES ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Did you know that when you share a URL on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, the link will automatically display text and images from your site when you share links? This content gives followers a preview of what they can expect to find on your site. Clicking the preview leads to the linked page.
Learn more in this Squarespace article!
Additional graphics provided: 1:1 for Instagram and 9:16 for Instagram and Facebook Stories
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDANCE
Digital engagement is a powerful platform to share Purdue stories and posts with past, present and future Boilermakers. Here are some tips to help your posts shine.
- Keep posts short and direct
- Link all posts back to our landing page
- Include photos, videos, or GIFs
- Use short URLS
SUGGESTED SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
- Purdue is ranked No. 4 in the U.S. for number of patents granted, with a total of 192 patents from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in 2022, more than any other college in Indiana or the Big Ten Conference. This is the third year in a row that Purdue has ranked in the top 10 for patents among U.S. universities. <link>
- A system that processes agricultural field images for remote phenotype measurements. A 3D printer that continuously prints structures as small as 100 nanometers. A process that produces butylene, propylene and ethylene from natural gas liquids in shale gas. These are just a few influential Purdue innovations that were patented in 2022, further cementing Purdue’s place as a global leader among its peers in protecting intellectual property. #TheNextGiantLeap <link>
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office: @uspto on Instagram and Twitter; @uspto.gov on Facebook
- Purdue University: @lifeatpurdue on Instagram and Twitter, @Purdue University on LinkedIn and Facebook
- Purdue Research Foundation: @purdue_research_foundation on Instagram; @PurdueResFound on Twitter and Facebook; @Purdue Research Foundation on LinkedIn
#MySmallStep = Student stories
#MyGiantLeap = Faculty/Alumni stories